Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We played the RATS tigher than the Pats

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Funny to read the pats bashing....but have at it. They lost.
    Problem is out of any team to beat them, the rats were the worst case scenario.

On a side note, I think the pats record outside their division is very similar to their record outside of it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

just the ebbs and flow to the season

rats with a week off to prepare for a sunday nighter at home vs. a team that hasn't lost yet. missing their starting LT

not surprised

that said, how many times does edleman fumble in that situation. his first in 3 years I believe the booth said. maybe a different outcome with out that play

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rats were up 17 to 0 and fumbled a punt.

I don’t think anyone expected that type of lead in the first half.

Rats aren’t afraid of the Pats or intimidated by those little midget receivers and RB’s.

It was also a home game.

I was in DC this weekend and told a Pats fan I hoped both teams lost...

Obviously I would’ve preferred a Rats loss but I still enjoyed seeing the Pats get slapped around.

I can’t believe Billicheat had them so unprepared. Offsides only a FG that moved the chains, fumbling, letting the Rats wall all over them. Just terrible coaching.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 11-04-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I want that team to die. I want them to experience a downturn like every other team goes through. I really hope this year is the start of that.
    But I wanted them to die AFTER the Rats game.

Also, they'll probably be in the SB this year and / or next year.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-04-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Rats were up 17 to 0 and fumbled a punt.

I don’t think anyone expected that type of lead in the first half.

Rats aren’t afraid of the Pats or intimidated by those little midget receivers and RB’s.

It was also a home game.

I was in DC this weekend and told a Pats fan I hoped both teams lost...

Obviously I would’ve preferred a Rats loss but I still enjoyed seeing the Pats get slapped around.

I can’t believe Billicheat had them so unprepared. Offsides only a FG that moved the chains, fumbling, letting the Rats wall all over them. Just terrible coaching.
    riiiight. 8-1 and terrible coaching

but ur Boi is a great coach when he has his team at 1-4. hahahahaa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You get the "positive spin in the face of disaster" award of the year. .

I got.."the Rats are legit, my slim hopes of a playoff is shot" after that game.

The Pats crushed us WITH Ben. The Rats barely beat us. They destroy the Pats.

Takaway? The Rats are getting better...not good for us.
    Thatís the way I see it as well.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    just the ebbs and flow to the season

rats with a week off to prepare for a sunday nighter at home vs. a team that hasn't lost yet. missing their starting LT

not surprised

that said, how many times does edleman fumble in that situation. his first in 3 years I believe the booth said. maybe a different outcome with out that play
    Yep; cause when the patriots see them again, knowing hoody , they are going to beat them. Jackson still can’t pass. And all that running around will eventually catch up to him. It always does.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yep; cause when the patriots see them again, knowing hoody , they are going to beat them. Jackson still can’t pass. And all that running around will eventually catch up to him. It always does.
    Yep.

BB almost never loses the second game.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    riiiight. 8-1 and terrible coaching

but ur Boi is a great coach when he has his team at 1-4. hahahahaa
    He’s your teams coach too...

*Insert Sinister Laughing emoji*

and aren’t we 4-4 or do you not give Tomlin credit for these last 3 wins. I know it’s hard to celebrate wins around here. Much easier to whine about time outs and challenges.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 11-05-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Rats arenít afraid of the Pats or intimidated by those little midget receivers and RBís.
    That's the way it seems to me as well. And conversely, I often feel like we ARE intimidated by them. Why?

Oh, if we only had this D with one of our better/recent offenses.

Pressure on Brady is the key. I want him playing with some pain like most of the rest of the QB's in the league.