Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Rudolph after a few games

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He just looks very average to this point. He’s not bringing anything special. He makes most throws look more difficult than they should.

Legend

User Info Menu

He’s all we got; we have no other options. So let’s just watch him grow.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    6 games in we are discussing if Rudy is a capable starter.

After 6 starts with Ben we were already discussing if he was better than Bradshaw.
    Didnt Ben have a more dependable running game?

Administrator

User Info Menu

We lack quickness at the RB and WR position.

Johnson is the only guy with quickness to create separation.

Washington and JuJu win with size and physicality. They are more straight line speed fast than they are quick.

Same problem at RB. No RB with any wiggle.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    We lack quickness at the RB and WR position.

Johnson is the only guy with quickness to create separation.

Washington and JuJu win with size and physicality. They are more straight line speed fast than they are quick.

Same problem at RB. No RB with any wiggle.
    yeah, plus conner is hurt every other game now too. Gonna be interesting to see just what we do in the off-season to fix the many woes of the offense.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    yeah, plus conner is hurt every other game now too. Gonna be interesting to see just what we do in the off-season to fix the many woes of the offense.
    when was the last time we drafted an offensive player with our first pick?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    when was the last time we drafted an offensive player with our first pick?
    DeCastro in 2012

Last skill position? MENDENHALL in 2008.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Didnt Ben have a more dependable running game?
    Yes. He also had a better defense.

He also threw a MUCH more accurate pass as a rookie (beyond dump offs). Masons COMPLETIONS (nevermind the misses) to receivers beyond 15 yards frequently aren't well thrown. It is often receivers making a tough catch of a poorly thrown ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

need some more time to judge. maybe he becomes more comfortable with more starts.

but right now I see very few signs he is above average starter material

Rookie

User Info Menu

Rudolph has to see the man open to have confidence in his throws. He does not throw an out pass where the WR runs down the field 10 yards and breaks to the sidelines. He can't throw a shallow cross. I think the upright D-lineman block his field of sight and he automatically checks to the out that he can see plainly. I think he is a good backup and perhaps that is it. I think it might get worse for him going forward when the other teams study the film.
    This defense is the most opportunistic we have had since Polamalu was young. We would not win without the D. If Ben was playing yesterday we would have scored 40+.