Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Week 9: Colts @ Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post
    Gotta tip the hat to you, NB.

Earlier in the week you had Steelers winning 27-24 and that we would see a touchdown by the defense. One point off on the score but otherwise nailed. it. Nice job!
    Nice Blitz. Do you have this week's lottery numbers? I'm okay with it if you only miss by one again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Nice Blitz. Do you have this week's lottery numbers? I'm okay with it if you only miss by one again.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers won the game..... Imagine if they hadn't won the game, how much scrutiny and analysis would be happening.

Double yoi...
    These people love marinating in doom and gloom.

I think itís some type of therapy for when we win games.

Complaining about how Tomlin gave up and quit?

Not having faith in our D like in the overtime game which was a completely different scenario where they had to march the whole field for a TD to win?

My goodness, must be hard to see us on this winning streak.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Coaching has been absolutely fantastic, to be as competitive as we have been with 3rd and 2nd string QB's is a testament to how good Tomlin is as a coach.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Coaching has been absolutely fantastic, to be as competitive as we have been with 3rd and 2nd string QB's is a testament to how good Tomlin is as a coach.
    I agree. I think we should give him a 10 year extension. Lol
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yet he chokes in the playoffs when he had a HOF er....odd.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But at that point Tomlin doesnt know that the defense will stop them after 3 downs. Like I said if they get the first down the timeout is irrelevant. He took a shot to knock them out of field goal range he hadnt challenged the play we woulld of been looking at 1:14 2 timeouts instaed we were looking at 1:14 1 timeout plenty of time in both situations to get in range for a field goal.
    they're already in FG range, and not even a long distance one.
    every team in that spot goes conservative, especially with their 3rd QB in there.

If you don't have faith in your defense to stop a first down there, why the hell are you trading a potential top 10 pick in next years draft to solidify the unit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think if someone can look at things objectively, they can't defend that challenge.

Why wouldn't Tomlin have confidence in his D? It's a strong point of the team for once. He had it a couple games ago where where he decided to not take the ball in OT which I still think is retarded.

There was a zero percent chance of winning that challenge. ZERO!

So, would you rather have 1:14 left and 2 timeouts with your inexperienced 2nd year QB to win the game with a FG?

Or.....1 timeout because you wasted it for no reason on a pointless challenge with ZERO chance of winning.

Challenging that play was a form of grasping straws, quiting and having zero confidence in your offense.

I thought it was terrible just like Fichtner's playcalling.

they really do't get it. he misuses these constantly. its funny (or sad actually) because they have been the difference in games and time management
    we point it out in a win to show he's not learned from his mistakes.

when it costs another win, they'll be back with the But but but and try to place blame elsewhere

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd pump the break a bit on that coaching has been fantastic this year

before sunday's "win" against the colts in a game where their HOF kicker misses a game winning chippy , their 3 wins consisted of beating teams with a combined 3 wins

frank reich came into sunday 5-2 with his #2 QB entering camp

ron rivera has his team at 5-3 with his #2 playing most of the year

sean payton is 7-1 having to rely on his #2 QB the Majority of the season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

More great coaching leading this team

Alex Kozora@Alex_Kozora
    (https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora)

(https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1191482384031637505)

Steelers substitution issues still popping up. Issues with personnel and decisions. 4th and 2 front consists of Buggs, Alualu, Adeniyi, and Chickillo. Oh yeah, defense only had 10 players on the field. Easy five yard conversion for Marlon Mack.

1st drive of 2nd half, I'll save all the BW's excuses of the defense being tired at that point