Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nelson Steelers Top CB

Legend

User Info Menu

Sucks when you do your job right but look bad because someone else didn't. The TD against the Browns was on Hilton... left Nelson in a bad situation.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He can play off n he can press. Not a big press guy but good at getting hands on inside 5yds n being disruptive. At camp he stood out with quick transition skills, stays low in peddle , flips his hips well n has a short area burst. He undercut a bunch of drag routes at camp. I remember reporting the burst there and it has continued on game day during the season.
    Since the bar was set low with Artie Burns the upgrade has been noticeable. He's only 26 so he's in his prime n should remain very good for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSpain View Post
    Right. Fitzpatrick changed the defense in a Polamalu style. That's the piece that this scheme needed. Center field threat. But I meant FA sign not trade
    Gotcha... Completely slipped my mind that it was a trade.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    He can play off n he can press. Not a big press guy but good at getting hands on inside 5yds n being disruptive. At camp he stood out with quick transition skills, stays low in peddle , flips his hips well n has a short area burst. He undercut a bunch of drag routes at camp. I remember reporting the burst there and it has continued on game day during the season.
    Since the bar was set low with Artie Burns the upgrade has been noticeable. He's only 26 so he's in his prime n should remain very good for a while.
    and believe it or not this was a "Meh" signing for many on here because he was part of a porous pass defense in KC

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    and believe it or not this was a "Meh" signing for many on here because he was part of a porous pass defense in KC
    Can't possibly be coaching though, can it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    A few people didn’t want Fitzmagic because Lamar threw all over Miami in week one.

One person didn’t want Nelson because he got beat for a TD by Brady. Smh.

It’s still a team game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It’s never coaching with the Steelers...

except when we lose.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Maybe now with Teryl Austin because the recent History not show that.
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

so much for Nelson not giving up any TDs on the season, this game against the Giants was by far his worst outing yet.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont believe Nelson had man coverage on that TD to Slayton.
    Looks like Minkah left the deep middle to jump the crosser.
    Pretty sure they were in a 3 deep zone look because Haden let the receiver on his side go
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum....Unfortunately they can't help themselves