Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This Guy... Worth a #1 Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

No brainer, easily a good move, Fitzpatrick was drafted in the 1st round and he's proving to be worthy of that pick. Regardless of where the Steelers end up in the draft he was worth the trade because the Steelers haven't had a play maker on the back end of the defense since Troy retired and they needed someone back there that can track the ball and the player and make a play.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

First time we've had a true free safety in many years. Even Ryan Clark was more of a strong safety playing the FS position. It definitely looks like a great move by Colbert and company.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone who questions that getting Fitzpatrick wasn't a great move is just looking for something to complain about to further an agenda.

We got a proven player who is getting better every game versus getting "potential" for an unknown draft pick. The FO hit a "Grand Slam" on this move.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 10-31-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Anyone who questions that getting Fitzpatrick was a great move is just looking for something to complain about to further an agenda.

We got a proven player who is getting better every game versus getting "potential" for an unknown draft pick. The FO hit a "Grand Slam" on this move.
    Amen brother Ovi. It may not be a grand slam but the FO drove in some runs with the trade and acquisition of Minkah. I don't understand how you put more value on a potential pick versus a proven commodity, especially, based on the miss rate even at the top of the draft.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3 interceptions in 5 games. Count me in!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe it will pay dividends for edmunds as well. I think having a sub par guy next to him might have caused him to try and do too much and thus look a little lost at times. I have noticed him alot less since minkah has joined him in the back

I don't believe he will ever be a star in this league but I think having one next to him is going to make him solid at least

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I believe it will pay dividends for edmunds as well. I think having a sub par guy next to him might have caused him to try and do too much and thus look a little lost at times. I have noticed him alot less since minkah has joined him in the back

I don't believe he will ever be a star in this league but I think having one next to him is going to make him solid at least
    i like that recipe Eddie. Hopefully your right.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Amen brother Ovi. It may not be a grand slam but the FO drove in some runs with the trade and acquisition of Minkah. I don't understand how you put more value on a potential pick versus a proven commodity, especially, based on the miss rate even at the top of the draft.

Pappy
    Some people are really into the draft so they least believe a draft pick will be the best option.

I will always pick a known quantity over a draft pick, especially if it’s a DB.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Minkah looks like a great player at a position of need and he's super cheap for a while because someone else picked up his SB. We also haven't heard the "communication issues" BS since he got here.

At this point, I think the only way it doesn't work out would be missing out on a chance to draft a player that looks like a legit franchise QB.

The results for the players don't look great right now, but I'd be upset if the trade cost us a chance at whoever this year's Mayfield / Darnold would be.

Franchise QBs are just too valuable to not regret a lottery ticket with a fairly high probability of success.

But, I don't think our pick will be top 3 to 5 anymore. Too many teams looking to tank. I'm not sure, but I might bet that two of the Jets, Dolphins, and Bengals don't make it to the 3 wins we have now and I don't think any of them get to 5 (and I think 5 is probably our floor without more catastrophic injuries).
    Mason Rudolph is already outplaying Darnold and Mayfield? :P
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Mason Rudolph is already outplaying Darnold and Mayfield? :P
    That may or may not be true.

But no one has a crystal ball, so you don't know what the QB will become.

And even though I generally agree that a known quantity is better, the draft is almost the only way to get a franchise QB and I think early QB picks have a much higher success rate.

As long as we didn't trade a chance to set the franchise up for the next 15 years with a great QB, this pick is an easy win. Especially given the cap cost of Fitz (which I admit I didn't fully realize day 1)
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158