Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suggests He Would Return To Play For Steelers Next Season

Backup

User Info Menu

Ok I will be the one. I tell my managers in training all the time..."Do not become friends with those you over see but do be friendly". With the state of our largely non performing receiver group is there no way he comes back on a strictly professional level. We need him and he needs us. His contract would be heavy on production and clauses concerning detrimental to the team issues. Can we all agree that we don't have to like who we work with but for the better good we get it done.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Ok I will be the one. I tell my managers in training all the time..."Do not become friends with those you over see but do be friendly". With the state of our largely non performing receiver group is there no way he comes back on a strictly professional level. We need him and he needs us. His contract would be heavy on production and clauses concerning detrimental to the team issues. Can we all agree that we don't have to like who we work with but for the better good we get it done.
    The QB and WR group are young. Better to let them grow together than to have a problem child like Brown around.

Brown is selfish, not a good teammate, or a good person. Two other teams found that out the hard way.

I would take Bell back. He would be a much better fit for this team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB is gone... mentally. Dudes mind is warped.

He’s still a talent on the field but I think he has lost himself in social media.

He’s made so much money being who he is he can’t turn it off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The QB and WR group are young. Better to let them grow together than to have a problem child like Brown around.

Brown is selfish, not a good teammate, or a good person. Two other teams found that out the hard way.

Bell....not at his price tag. No even close

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I wonder what his price tag actually if he was attained in trade from the Jets. They paid out the SB already. Not sure what the roster bonuses and things look like.

But, there's lots of guys that can get < 3.5 YPC.

Bell was elite, but I think it's because his patience and elite acceleration made him special. It seems to me that fast twitch skills like acceleration probably go early with age. And without elite acceleration, I think Bell's patience probably just means he will get hit in the back field a lot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I understand that teams need be reasonable and responsible in regard to the contracts in which they extend or sign players. That being said it is not my money. The goal of an organization is to assemble the best team possible.

Bell really wasn't too expensive in the grand scheme of things. He would had made comparable or more money with the Steelers if he decided to sign. The Steelers probably would had made the playoffs last season with Bell. They would probably be a better offensive team with Bell this season. At the very least they would have more depth.

The Jets have a bigger problem than Bell. I think the Steelers and other teams would take a chance on Bell if the Jets cut him after this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AB has from NOW til JULY to make things right - I believe every man is capable of forgiveness as long as he truly humbles himself and changes his ways.
    Having said that - I don't see it happening w/out AB seeking help and having a HUGE Change of Heart!! That includes deleting ALL Social Media.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bell is Toast...imo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Bell is Toast...imo
    I think the Jets will face a heavy cap casualty if they cut him before 2021. Will the Jets ownership agree to take such a heavy financial loss?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I understand that teams need be reasonable and responsible in regard to the contracts in which they extend or sign players. That being said it is not my money. The goal of an organization is to assemble the best team possible.

Bell really wasn't too expensive in the grand scheme of things. He would had made comparable or more money with the Steelers if he decided to sign. The Steelers probably would had made the playoffs last season with Bell. They would probably be a better offensive team with Bell this season. At the very least they would have more depth.

The Jets have a bigger problem than Bell. I think the Steelers and other teams would take a chance on Bell if the Jets cut him after this season.
    Jets aren’t underutilizing Bell as a receiver. Partially because the pass protection is awful but his targets are abysmal. I wouldn’t be surprised if a few people are fired after this season.