Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suggests He Would Return To Play For Steelers Next Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Guys, all the schadenfreude is unseemly. This is a messed up man. But he served us well for many years.

He may have always been messed in the head. We'll never know. I suspect he's also got CTE. Regardless, wishing someone who hasn't personally hurt you ill isn't nice.

I hope he gets help.

His kids are in trouble already. Its doubtful they have remained unaffected by their dad's crazy behavior.
    Well, ISIS didn't do anything to me personally.
    Call me 'not nice' then.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Brown may never play in the league again.
    I wonder if he really cares about that, as long as he has money and lots of attention.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I wonder if he really cares about that, as long as he has money and lots of attention.
    I actually think he does care about football plus the attention with it. The combo of the two - not one without the other. He's not Le'Veon Bell where absolutely nothing matters except money. I think football plus air humping in the end zone is the only thing that kept Brown grounded in life, and now that stuff is fading fast and likely gone forever (due to his own idiocy), he's going into a tailspin, soon to crash and burn hard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brown is a Sociopath - I wouldn't be surprised if he "gets help" and pulls an Ed Norton in that movie where he stutters the whole time.
    Then when he gets cleared goes back to being a nutjob.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think he cares about the game and people that are in his life. His Mr Hyde side ruins everything for Brown.

My dad is the same way. His vice is alcohol. He's good when not drinking. No one wants to socialize with him after a few drinks.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure the people in his life that potential could help him are worried that their money flow might disappear if they addess it with him.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am sure I am in the minority (of maybe even myself alone).

But I want AB to get help and I am hoping the Rooney's offer to provide him a chance.

They have a history of it, and for me it says a lot about how they operate.

EDIT: A chance, means help not another stint playing. Think of Ernie Holmes.

Brothervad

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I think he cares about the game and people that are in his life. His Mr Hyde side ruins everything for Brown.

My dad is the same way. His vice is alcohol. He's good when not drinking. No one wants to socialize with him after a few drinks.
    Sorry to hear that burg; my condolences for that. Hopefully things will get better with your father.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post

But I want AB to get help and I am hoping the Rooney's offer to provide him a chance.

Brothervad
    I don’t think you’re in the minority and I agree with you. I was thinking the same about the Rooney’s. I think they would help if there was a way to help - especially someone who was such a big part of the team.

Brown’s actions seem to be a real cry for help at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post

Brothervad
    Forget the Rooney's.
    Where is the nflpa?
    Where are his nfl friends?
    Players and the nflpa are always running their mouths about player safety and we'll being.
    They sure say they are a brotherhood when it comes to contracts and supporting each other.
    Seems like they only support each other because they know it will lead to more MONEY for them down the road.
    This is a prime example where they should be adament about trying to get a player help instead of always putting it on the owners to look out for them.