Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suggests He Would Return To Play For Steelers Next Season

Legend

User Info Menu

a poster on another message board said it perfectly:

"Today’s apology was what was supposed to happen last week during the interview on 93.7.

But that was live where nobody could filter AB’s chattering, so no surprise the apology went into the ditch and we got this instead:

'Of course I am pissed off at a guy like Ben Roethlisberger for nine years and being able to do what nobody in history has been able to do and that guy doesn’t even treat me with respect,” said Brown not long after apologizing to Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin and Art Rooney. “Over the course of time, a lot built up'...

So it was back to sending out written material someone can edit, which presumably was how we got today’s Instagram apology - doubtful it is much more than more spin.

Of course this is all a sideshow- resolving the sexual assault civil lawsuit is what needs to happen before Roger lets AB back on the field."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Why should Ben forgive him?
    Because it would be best for Ben. Holding onto grievances is damaging. Letting them go, if you can, is much healthier.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Because it would be best for Ben. Holding onto grievances is damaging. Letting them go, if you can, is much healthier.
    I really don't think Ben gives a crap.
    He realizes that publicly forgiving Brown wouldn't be worth the risk of the potential backlash from media or Brown. Especially knowing that Brown either didn't write that, or if he did, wasn't sincere.
    Brown has proven to the entire, remotely intelligent world that the issues are all Brown's doing.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger has no skin in game. He is making millions and AB is sitting at home ... wishing. He should be apologizing to Rooney for making him fly all the way to Florida just to be told to get f'd...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Kind of interesting that AB seems to now think his best chance at getting back in the league is with the Steelers.
    2020 Draft Mock #1
    2-17 -- Lloyd Cushenberry, C/G, LSU
    3-38 -- Cam Akers, RB, FSU
    4-18 -- Ben Bartch, G/T, St. John's
    4-29 -- Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU
    6-19 -- Trevon Hill, Edge, Miami
    7-18 -- Juwuan Jones, DL, Western Kentucky

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Kind of interesting that AB seems to now think his best chance at getting back in the league is with the Steelers.
    That shows just how F'd he is in the head
    The owner, coach, teammates and fans that he screwed over the most is the team he thinks will take him.
    Crazy.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I kinda fear he's not going to last long. I mean his life is in danger -- something's seriously wrong with the man and getting worse every day.
    His brain is probably mush.

He shouldn't be trying to play. He should be in therapy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    I kinda fear he's not going to last long. I mean his life is in danger -- something's seriously wrong with the man and getting worse every day.
    His brain is probably mush.

He shouldn't be trying to play. He should be in therapy.

Agreed. And its pretty obvious he's medicated right now. No way he can play football this way. So he'd have to come off the meds and that could be catastrophic for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sadly, at this rate, he’ll be in prison or worse in a couple of years.

Oh, and AB went after Ben and JuJu again during a radio interview. I guess his brief apology tour is over.
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 02-15-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Oh, and AB went after Ben and JuJu again during a radio interview. I guess his brief apology tour is over.
    Antonio Brown's attempt to reconcile with the Steelers is short lived

Curt Popejoy

The twists and turns with Antonio Brown’s personality keep us all on our toes. Earlier this week, Brown took to social media to do what we all thought was take ownership for his part in the problems with the Pittsburgh Steelers and offer something of an apology.

Fast forward just a few days and someone decided to stick a microphone in front of him and Brown did what he does best. Completely contradict himself. Brown did an interview with Power 105.1 as he continues to promote his music and the topic of the Steelers had to come up.

I think it was all an act with him,” Brown said talking about Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. “Guys around him could never really see eye to eye … There’s rules, and then there’s Ben.”

This is rich coming from a guy who the team let do pretty much whatever he wanted, including letting him live off of campus during training camp. I think if we’ve learned anything since Brown was traded, the Steelers cut him a tremendous amount of slack as a player.

He also doubled down on his dislike for JuJu Smith-Schuster and aimed it at preferential treatment by Roethlisberger. “He think he the best, I am the best,” Brown said. “Ben (was) trying to force him the ball to make him the guy … Everyone want to protect the little kid and come after me these days.”

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...sberger-nfl-2/