Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suggests He Would Return To Play For Steelers Next Season

Starter

User Info Menu

He says he is sorry a lot, which I personally think is valuable. I give him credit for that. But he needs to stop judging other peoples motives and actions because I think he is he overly sensitive and self-centered and makes a lot of false assumptions.

He says Ward did not show him respect because he never invited him to his house and studied plays. What type of relationship did he have with Ward? Ryan Clark said he thought Brown was an egotistical a-hole. Maybe that is the persona he projected. Maybe Ward thought, if I tried to show this guy anything, he would put a middle finger in my face and tell me to MYOB.

We've heard something like this from Brown before with Ben, about not inviting to his house, etc. But if you want someone to be that friendly, you have to act friendly toward them. Invite them to your house. Establish a congenial relationship. Don't just sit in a corner and stew that someone didn't invite you to their house.

He says Ju-Ju disrespected him by posting this picture of him scoring a TD against the team he was on. I think he probably read something in that which didn't exist. I doubt, very much, that Ju-Ju did that thinking that this was a disrespect to Brown. I can't even tell if the team they are playing is the Raiders.

So, Brown is very driven and intense person and that has made him the player that he is, but this driven and intense nature and led to this level of paranoia about everybody disrespecting him. He's got to relax and stop judging everyone else this way. Reach out to others first and hash things out fairly before you judge their motives.

I would personally like to see Brown make a comeback. I think he has some basic good qualities but needs counseling.

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown makes it clear he does not like Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

Curt Popejoy
    February 7, 2020

On Thursday, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown continued his apology tour with a stop on daytime sports talk radio in Pittsburgh. Brown went on The Morning Show on The Fan and talked about his relationship with his former team and teammates.

For the most part, Brown came across apologetic, albeit disingenuous. But when he talked about wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, he made it clear there was no apology coming and his level of petty knows no limits.

"I have nothing against JuJu Smith-Schuster. Why would I? I am who he wants to be. I’m in a position when he’s describing to be. Running around with 500 yards and everyone thinks he’s the world. Steelers didn’t make the playoffs. That is a problem.

I gave the guy JuJu Smith all the positive cheat codes. All the stuff to be successful. And to watch a guy call me out when I’m moving forward for positive. The first thing he do when I get picked is post me like he ready."

Wow. It’s kind of crazy to listen to the way Brown went on about how sorry he was for all he did, but when it comes to Smith-Schuster, one picture hurt his ego so much that he can’t let it go.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...mith-schuster/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 02-09-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

That and the team MVP

Starter

User Info Menu

My opinion of Chestio is, This Mr.Nice Guy Apologetic World tour he is on, Is a facade...

One or two teams MIGHT offer him a low salary, incentive based, lot of provision based salary... He'll blow a gasket, light up social media, bad mouth everyone and everything ( If you can decipher it )

And never to be heard from ( unless it's police related ) again

Heard it here first

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    My opinion of Chestio is, This Mr.Nice Guy Apologetic World tour he is on, Is a facade...

One or two teams MIGHT offer him a low salary, incentive based, lot of provision based salary... He'll blow a gasket, light up social media, bad mouth everyone and everything ( If you can decipher it )

And never to be heard from ( unless it's police related ) again

Heard it here first
    Totally agree. He's just being this way because now he sees he's just about out the league. And he sees the league can do without him despite what his disillusions of grandeur told him. LOL. His new agent is trying to save him. I think it's too late.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    This should put AB over the top.....can't wait.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    This should put AB over the top.....can't wait.
    AB’s already over the top and most of the way to the bottom on the other side.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    AB’s already over the top and most of the way to the bottom on the other side.
    I'm waiting for a biggie.
    Guilty verdicts for his rape cases.
    Guilty for his assault.
    Baby momma getting kids and huge child support followed by refusing to pay it
    Stuff like that.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm waiting for a biggie.
    Guilty verdicts for his rape cases.
    Guilty for his assault.
    Baby momma getting kids and huge child support followed by refusing to pay it
    Stuff like that.
    Long off-season still ahead. Be patient. LOL
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.