Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown Suggests He Would Return To Play For Steelers Next Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Antonio Brown On Everything From Steelers Fallout, Mental Health, NFL Future

'I miss the Burgh man, hopefully I can come back and get it going'

THE FAN MORNING SHOW
    FEBRUARY 06, 2020

Antonio Brown joined The Fan Morning Show and after apologizing to the Steelers, he said he felt the Super Bowl wasn't important to some teammates in Pittsburgh. He also discussed his mental health.

PITTSBURGH (93.7 The Fan) - Antonio Brown joined the Fan Morning Show Thursday morning to give his side of the story and recent events that have been happening in his life.

Brown says he’s “hanging in there man, life without football is a little different for me but you know you just adapt and adjust.”

Brown started off by making personal apologizes to the Steelers organization for the distraction he caused in 2018.

"I apologize to those guys for the distractions, the unwanted attention I probably caused those guys. I'm forever grateful & indebted to the Steelers organization. Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, Ben Roethlisberger. A lot of beautiful moments. A lot of positive things."

“These guys gave me an opportunity when I was 21 years and I’m forever grateful to those guys,” said Brown.

Brown also apologized to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and said he does not hate him, he loves him.

"I just think too much stuff built up, it was too late. Do I hate Ben? No. Do I love Ben? Yes. Ben's a great guy, great person, great QB. All the disappointment and frustration we had could have been hashed out. But we let ego and emotions get involved."

Brown says a lot of the reason for the outbursts during his time with the Steelers was due to disrespect and people not understanding his side of what happened as well as sensing a lack of desire to win from his teammates.

“I just think we had a lot of things that was important to individuals but it wasn’t really important to do the big thing, win the Super Bowl.”

The topic of JuJu Smith-Schuster still seems to be a sore spot for Brown though.

Brown says Smith-Schuster disrespected him when JuJu posted a photo of himself scoring a touchdown against the Raiders after it was announced AB was traded to Oakland.

"JuJu Smith-Schuster was a young guy, when he was in college [he talked] so much about how he looked up to me, so much how he wanted to work with me. And then you get a chance to work with me, you have your best season ever, I'm about to leave and post a picture of you scoring a touchdown on the team I'm going saying, 'You ready?' That's a form of disrespect."

Brown also says he gave Smith-Schuster all of the “cheat codes” to be successful and was still disrespected.

That also brought up the topic of Hines Ward when Brown was a young receiver.

He claims that Ward never took time to show him the ropes.

"Hines Ward never gave me the respect I needed. Or gave me the positivity or the support I needed. I've never been to his house. I never studied plays with him. I never went over how to win and get open."

“I just think man people got to show more respect and be more considerate to others and I got to learn not to let people who come at me negative react because I’m a leader, whatever I do is going to be magnified times 10.”

“I have nothing against JuJu Smith-Schuster. Why would I? I’m who he want to be, I’m who he want to be.”

While he is trying to redeem himself for everything that is happening, he is unsure if he wants to return to the NFL.

“I don’t know what I want to do right now I’m just taking it one day at a time,” said Brown.

When it comes to his mental health, Brown says he is good and is seeing a therapist

“Everyone got an agenda from what they want to get from me or what they can make off me so it's good to be around and talk to people that don’t have no agenda that can just support your mental health and listen to you.”

Brown insists that he isn’t angry and that he is a blessed guy.

Brown also addressed all the pressure he feels when people come up to him and want autographs and pull out their phone for video or picture.

Asked about his own social medial habits and the negative light that can bring on him, he says he is running a business.

"Everyone loves comeback stories man, I'm in shape, 2020 is going to be a great year and it's a great opportunity to bounce back," said Brown.

Brown ended the interview possibly leaving the door open for a return to Pittsburgh.

“Thank you guys for having me, I miss the Burgh man, hopefully I can come back and get it going,” said Brown.

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles...n-morning-show

Backup

User Info Menu

I listened to the interview this morning on their podcast. I've since seen posts on Twitter asking if the Steelers should bring him back. I'm sorry, but saying your sorry while still continuing to blame everyone else renders it meaningless. Throughout the interview he continues to play the victim and justify his behavior. I'm actually less inclined to bring him back after listening to the interview than I was beforehand.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What a whack job.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    I listened to the interview this morning on their podcast. I've since seen posts on Twitter asking if the Steelers should bring him back. I'm sorry, but saying your sorry while still continuing to blame everyone else renders it meaningless. Throughout the interview he continues to play the victim and justify his behavior. I'm actually less inclined to bring him back after listening to the interview than I was beforehand.
    I'm with you.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

He is so over the place with what he says and most importantly he still doesn't recognize that HE IS THE PROBLEM

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He is so over the place with what he says and most importantly he still doesn't recognize that HE IS THE PROBLEM
    exactly, it's like how that saying goes:

"when you meet an a$$hole in the morning, you have met an a$$hole.

when everyone you meet all day long is an a$$hole, then YOU are the a$$hole."

Backup

User Info Menu

It's so irritating. Dude apologizes but then continues to throw shots at Ben and Juju, and now has pulled Hines in to it. It's unreal. I give those guys credit because they asked tough questions and called him out on some of his contradictory statements (people always in your face, but it's your phone in front of your face......how can you say it's all about respect when you're cussing out the police), but AB never properly addressed or answered any of them. All he did was point fingers and justify himself.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mick'sTeam View Post
    It's so irritating. Dude apologizes but then continues to throw shots at Ben and Juju, and now has pulled Hines in to it. It's unreal. I give those guys credit because they asked tough questions and called him out on some of his contradictory statements (people always in your face, but it's your phone in front of your face......how can you say it's all about respect when you're cussing out the police), but AB never properly addressed or answered any of them. All he did was point fingers and justify himself.
    Wide receiver depth in this coming draft is tremendous. With that said, most teams who will want/need a WR will get one out of this draft. So I think what little opportunities are there will evaporate as well. He's effectively done.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70’s...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Wide receiver depth in this coming draft is tremendous. With that said, most teams who will want/need a WR will get one out of this draft. So I think what little opportunities are there will evaporate as well. He's effectively done.
    Draft is loaded at wr that is a great point. That puts AB on the sidelines likely until after the draft and likely into the season. A team needy at wr that may be close but draft didn't fall their way regarding wr may kick tires on AB during the season. ( Dallas comes to mind) I listened to the FAN that morning and came away with AB is still in bad shape from the neck up. Talent trumps almost everything so it may be he does get into a uniform late in the 2020 season. A very long shot but it is possible.