Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 120

Thread: Antonio Brown Suggests He Would Return To Play For Steelers Next Season

  1. #31
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Dude is officially

  2. #32
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I think that Ben might back him. After all, he was given due process before being suspended for a false allegation......wait. Let me re-think this and get back to you.
    He WAS afforded due process. He was not convicted of the crime he was accused of.
    The NFL is not a court....it is a dictatorship.

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    He WAS afforded due process. He was not convicted of the crime he was accused of.
    The NFL is not a court....it is a dictatorship.
    All Private Businesses are essentially this way - unless Public Courts find discrimination, etc they are able to operate this way.
    Same with my business.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  4. #34
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    He WAS afforded due process. He was not convicted of the crime he was accused of.
    The NFL is not a court....it is a dictatorship.
    The NFL is no more a Dictatorship than Microsoft, Google, US Steel, PPG...and the list goes on.

    No employee in any of those compnaies could scream at the CEO, COO, whoever and expect to keep their jobs. They especially could not go on social media and say whatever they want.

    The problem is that there is a porportion of players who are pampered little b!tches, like actors in Hollywood, who think they are special and the rules don't apply to them.

    Equally unfortunately, you have some fans who buy into the victimization of players BS

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The NFL is no more a Dictatorship than Microsoft, Google, US Steel, PPG...and the list goes on.

    No employee in any of those compnaies could scream at the CEO, COO, whoever and expect to keep their jobs. They especially could not go on social media and say whatever they want.

    The problem is that there is a porportion of players who are pampered little b!tches, like actors in Hollywood, who think they are special and the rules don't apply to them.

    Equally unfortunately, you have some fans who buy into the victimization of players BS
    Agreed. I also find it troubling how many people turn to actors and players to get their political information.

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Agreed. I also find it troubling how many people turn to actors and players to get their political information.
    The best example of this I can think of is Leonardo DiCaprio preaching about how Chanook winds in Calgary are a terrifying sign of global warming.

    This doesn't mean that the climate isn't warming or that it's not something we should try to rein in. But trying to evangelize a cause when you don't know what the hell you're talking about is likely to do as much harm as good (maybe more).

    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...gary-a-chinook
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    The best example of this I can think of is Leonardo DiCaprio preaching about how Chanook winds in Calgary are a terrifying sign of global warming.

    This doesn't mean that the climate isn't warming or that it's not something we should try to rein in. But trying to evangelize a cause when you don't know what the hell you're talking about is likely to do as much harm as good (maybe more).

    https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...gary-a-chinook
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind

    Chinook winds have been a reality in that region through recorded history.

    Problem is, for so many Americans, what these celebrities say is gospel. It's astounding to me how many people are so lazy that they just swallow whatever their heroes tell them without checking it out for themselves.

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

    Chinook winds have been a reality in that region through recorded history.

    Problem is, for so many Americans, what these celebrities say is gospel. It's astounding to me how many people are so lazy that they just swallow whatever their heroes tell them without checking it out for themselves.
    most people are lazy period. put it on the internet and it's also true...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  9. #39
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

    Chinook winds have been a reality in that region through recorded history.

    Problem is, for so many Americans, what these celebrities say is gospel. It's astounding to me how many people are so lazy that they just swallow whatever their heroes tell them without checking it out for themselves.
    Oh so true.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The more AB acts out, the more foolish it makes those people look who wanted to pin most of the blame (for his problems with the Steelers) on Ben.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •