Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rudolph on getting Booed in the first half

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Rudolph on getting Booed in the first half

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mason-r...153239139.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph
    I would’ve booed me too
    Now that's a proper reaction from a thick-skinned professional. Exactly what I want to hear from him.

Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph got off to an ugly start on Monday night, with an interception on Pittsburgh’s first possession, a turnover on downs on the second and a punt on the third. By the time the Steelers were struggling on their fourth offensive series and trailing 14-0, Rudolph was loudly booed in Pittsburgh.

Rudolph appreciated that.

After a game that saw him play much better the rest of the way and the Steelers coming back to win, Rudolph said getting booed was a reminder that Steelers fans have high expectations, as they should.

“I would’ve booed that performance too. We were coming out slow. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers. There’s a standard here,” Rudolph said, via Brooke Pryor of ESPN.

That fourth drive, which started with loud boos, ended with a field goal. The rest of the game, the Steelers dominated.

Rudolph still has a long way to go before he can convince anyone that he’s the heir apparent to Ben Roethlisberger, but he ended up getting on track on Monday night, and it’s to his credit that he accepts that his play early in the game wasn’t up to Steelers standards.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wonder which other QB Rudy will end up reminding us of? They mentioned this on the fan. I think at this point he is better then Landry. But that's it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He’s an order of magnitude above Landry Jones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Great move by Mason. I really hope he succeeds because he genuinely seems like a good guy / leader.

Reminds me of when I was living in Toronto during the SARS outbreak.

There was a benefit concert "Sarsstock" headlined by AC/DC and the Rolling Stones (and Rush).

Justin Timberlake was there before he got big on his own. He got booed and there were water bottles filled with pissed thrown at him.

Afterward, he said something like "I probably would have booed me too if I was at a concert to see the Stones and AC/DC". I didn't like the music at the time, but that earned some respect from me.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sample size is just to small to say he's going to better than this guy or that guy. He was sharp at camp but that's against base D n just not the same as game day situations. He stayed on his first read a bit to long last night n when he got off it his footwork wasn't there n we saw some balls float cause he wasn't stepping into throws n not because folks were at his feet just cause he wasn't using good tech. Coaches will all review that with him n it should improve.
    Early last night he looked like a guy who got KO'ed in his last fight. Got better as game went on so perhaps we'll see a better performance in the weeks to come.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like the idea of throwing bottles of piss. Heads up, Moncrief!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Refreshing to hear a professional player 'get it'.
    Most players and fans think the players should get their arses kissed regardless of performance.
    This makes me like him even more.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I won't throw piss at him. But huge disappointment. Might be the worse FA in my opinion. Old sweat pants Duce is up there also. I thought Bostic would be better and even replace Vince. I was very wrong. Bad scheme fit I guess. I am sure there are other FA busts I am not thinking of at this moment. Really had high hopes for crief.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree. Moncrief was worst FA signing I recall Steelers ever making. What’s annoying is that the Steelers, media and fans all hyped it up, when the guy was an obvious dud before we signed him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    That's hilarious!
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158