Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns Being Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

Browns Being Browns

Man mistakenly ID’d by Browns in beer-dumping incident sues team

A man who was mistakenly identified by the Cleveland Browns as the fan who dumped beer on Tennessee Titans players during a Week 1 game at FirstEnergy Stadium is suing the team.

a group of people standing in front of a crowd© Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
    Court records confirm that Eric Smith filed a lawsuit Tuesday morning in Cuyahoga County, according to Jake Trotter of ESPN.

The incident occurred after Malcolm Butler’s pick-six during the Titans’ 43-13 blowout win over the host Browns. As Titans players celebrated, a Browns fan wearing a Baker Mayfield jersey seated nearby was caught on camera dousing them with beer.

After Titans cornerback Logan Ryan went public to condemn the fan’s inappropriate behavior the following day, the Browns announced the individual, once identified, would face a ban.

The Browns later announced that the fan in question was identified as Smith. After Smith was subsequently informed of the ban by Browns vice president of ticket sales and service Bob Sivik, he pleaded innocence, indicating on Twitter that he hadn’t attended a Browns game since 2010.

Smith also added he had an alibi. He says he was DJ-ing a wedding on the day of the game.

The Browns apologized to Smith privately for publicly misidentifying him, according to the lawsuit. In a statement issued in the week following the incident, the Browns indicated the team had “not explicitly identified the individual involved or taken any formal action of punishment.”

A Browns spokesman declined comment on the development, citing the pending legal matter. Smith is seeking a public retraction and will pursue financial damages as well, according to his attorney, Bruce Taubman

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought this post was going to be a practical lesson in changing coaching and selecting an "offensive guru".

I guess their former coach sucked too.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I thought this post was going to be a practical lesson in changing coaching and selecting an "offensive guru".

There are murmurs the Browns are trying to make a move for a legitimate LT before the trade deadline. It is clearly their weakest link on the OL and a big reason why the QB is getting pummeled just about every weekend.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hope the guy makes a few bucks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

These fools had an interim HC who finished strong as they didn’t stick with him.

Seriously, Stains gonna Stain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    These fools had an interim HC who finished strong as they didn’t stick with him.

Seriously, Stains gonna Stain.
    Thank God we cheer for a team that consistently makes reasonable decisions.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought this was going to be about losing at home when they were up by so much.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I suppose he could settle for lifetime season tickets - but that's probably only worth 1800 bucks or so........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

yet another Mistake by the Lake...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I suppose he could settle for lifetime season tickets......
    So you gonna PUNISH the victim????
    Dude that’s cold.