Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Benny Snell

  1. #61
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Snell looks like he could be the next big back that takes us back to a strong running game.

    He seems to get better with more touches. Hopefully he is a durable guy.

    I like his attitude too. He seems a bit selfish and talks like he knows he should be the bell cow.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  2. #62
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Snell looks like he could be the next big back that takes us back to a strong running game.

    He seems to get better with more touches. Hopefully he is a durable guy.

    I like his attitude too. He seems a bit selfish and talks like he knows he should be the bell cow.
    I agree, Snell is why I don't believe the Steelers will draft a RB early. we also still have one more year of Conner on his cheap rookie deal, Jaylen Samuels and Kerrith Whyte, we have much bigger needs on the OL, TE, DT and WR to address early.

  3. #63
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree, Snell is why I don't believe the Steelers will draft a RB early. we also still have one more year of Conner on his cheap rookie deal, Jaylen Samuels and Kerrith Whyte, we have much bigger needs on the OL, TE, DT and WR to address early.
    I actually think we need to sign another RB if a great one is on the board.

    Samuel is a receiver. He isn’t a RB. Conner can’t be trusted to make it through a season.

    I like Whyte tho. Nice change of pace.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #64
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Snell looks like he could be the next big back that takes us back to a strong running game.

    He seems to get better with more touches. Hopefully he is a durable guy.

    I like his attitude too. He seems a bit selfish and talks like he knows he should be the bell cow.
    Agreed like the guy

  5. #65
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I actually think we need to sign another RB if a great one is on the board.

    Samuel is a receiver. He isnít a RB. Conner canít be trusted to make it through a season.

    I like Whyte tho. Nice change of pace.
    If Snell is a legit "bell cow". Whyte is our "fast Willie" change o pace, Samuels is a great 3rd down option on pass downs (agree not a main RB), Conners is the perfect backup as injuries are far less likely or devastating...do we have room for yet another guy?

    I'd invest in interior linemen who can driveblock for our current backs, making them ALL better.

  6. #66
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If the right guy were available; it’s something to consider
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  7. #67
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Snell's forced missed tackles rate is better than Conner's.

    Snell = 2.3 per 10 touches
    Conner = 2 per 10 touches

  8. #68
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Snell's forced missed tackles rate is better than Conner's.

    Snell = 2.3 per 10 touches
    Conner = 2 per 10 touches
    So that's probably something like a 1 - 2 extra misses every 2 games (if the rates held)?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •