Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    aside from troy, who any coach would have developed, here are cowhers high draft choices in the secondary.
    deon figures
    chad scott
    scott shields
    rico coclough
    bryant mcfadden

not exactly a a star studded cast there
    Yet, Mcfadden is better then anything Tomlin has EVER developed. Chad Scott too.

And you can't just not include Troy either. That's wrong. Troy is part of the equation and just because he's so strong a proof to prove my point you can't just say he doesn't count.

***N J, just wanted to say I appreciate the convo were having. It's nice to talk with a poster who isn't hurling personal insults/attacks at you when you don't agree with them.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 10-18-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Troy wasn’t some 3rd rounder or project you had to develop.

It’s like saying Porter or Tomlin “developed” TJ Watt.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yet, Mcfadden is better then anything Tomlin has EVER developed. Chad Scott too.

And you can't just not include Troy either. That's wrong. Troy is part of the equation and just because he's so strong a proof to prove my point you can't just say he doesn't count.

***N J, just wanted to say I appreciate the convo were having. It's nice to talk with a poster who isn't hurling personal insults/attacks at you when you don't agree with them.
    Will you include Fitz as a guy Tomlin developed?
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Will you include Fitz as a guy Tomlin developed?
    Do you????
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do you????
    Nope.

In a similar way, I'm not sure Cowher developed Troy as much as Troy was just amazing. I think he would have been amazing no matter where he played. Some guys are just elite.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Legend

User Info Menu

Nope.

In a similar way, I'm not sure Cowher developed Troy as much as Troy was just amazing. I think he would have been amazing no matter where he played. Some guys are just elite.
    Wow.......

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow.......
    You think Cowher made Troy?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You think Cowher made Troy?
    Did Tomlin develop JuJu and AB?

Seems odd to give HC credit for developing elite talent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

those were all high picks made during cowher's time here.

I don't think you can even find 5 secondary picks that high in the tomlin era.
    there's a few the last five years or so.

now part of that is tomlins fault because like I said with cowher, he has a big part in the draft process.
    the rest of the blame falls on who ever else is responsible for the draft process.
    how in the world can they think going that long without drafting defensive backs in the top rounds,in an ever increasing passing league, would be successful I'll never understand.

PS to the PS.. no problem
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 10-23-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    those were all high picks made during cowher's time here.

I don't think you can even find 5 secondary picks that high in the tomlin era.
    there's a few the last five years or so.

now part of that is tomlins fault because like I said with cowher, he has a big part in the draft process.
    the rest of the blame falls on who ever else is responsible for the draft process.
    how in the world can they think going that long without drafting defensive backs in the top rounds,in an ever increasing passing league, I'll never understand.

PS to the PS.. no problem
    And Sean Davis & Edmonds weren’t high picks? Stop.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN