Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Highly physical practice on Wednesday

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Highly physical practice on Wednesday

The Steelers had their first padded practice in nearly two weeks and apparently it was highly physical.

When I talk about it, it takes me to a dark spot," Foster told The Athletic's Mark Kaboly following practice. "I would rather not, but you should know better. There is such a thing as a training camp where you can hash out all of that and there is such a thing of being a pro, and I am a believer of being a pro. Give all you want to in camp, I don't care, it's camp. When the season starts, you become a pro to each other, to the team, to the community."

Heyward, on the other hand, thinks that a chippy practice was just what the doctor ordered for a 1-4 team that is on the brink of seeing their season end before the midway point.

"We are chippy," Heyward said. "We are 1-4. All we want are Ws. It's like with everything you do -- if you aren't getting results that you want, you are going to get ticked off. We are trying to win a game, and that's all I care about right now. You have to emulate the game."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...-on-wednesday/

There is a story with more detail on The Athletic but that’s a pay site.

Starter

User Info Menu

Is it standard protocol in the NFL to go weeks without a padded practice?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sounds like the D is getting tired of the offense pissing away chances to win the game.

I don’t blame them either. I think we have forced 8 or 9 turnovers in our last 3 losses.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Is it standard protocol in the NFL to go weeks without a padded practice?
    The current CBA sets limits on the number and frequency of padded practices you can have during the season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lol no more Ben's days and they cant milk it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The current CBA sets limits on the number and frequency of padded practices you can have during the season
    Also, seems everyone on the team is already hurt.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Also, seems everyone on the team is already hurt.
    If they weren’t before, they are now.

I think Tomlin let the D punish the O for their recent ball security gaffes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oh wow View Post
    if they weren’t before, they are now.

I think tomlin let the d punish the o for their recent ball security gaffes.
    hey coach, did you order the code red?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Sounds like the D is getting tired of the offense pissing away chances to win the game.

I donít blame them either. I think we have forced 8 or 9 turnovers in our last 3 losses.

Because the offence hasn't carried the D for the last 5 years

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    Because the offence hasn't carried the D for the last 5 years
    What does that have to do with THIS year?

Half our D wasn’t even on the team 3 years ago.