Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What about clock management?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    If he just watched a little harder he might actually see the game in it’s true form.

Imagine how many times these folks scream “c’mon Tomlin!!” when a player makes a mistake or a guy drops a pass.
    well, he's not training them hard enough in practice... fire the coach. it's his fault this guy has bad hands.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers had 1 timeout left in the first half and only ran 17 seconds off the clock before calling the timeout before bozs fg......
    Go look it up

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    ...at least harder than you did in your last professional game
    Wtf does that have to do with anything?
    Talk about weak.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't think our "personnel management" at the end of the 4th was all that. We went away from nickel to dime and got run on a bit. Hargrave off the field late after he blew up Yanda for a sack , and Yanda who imho is an excellent guard, left us light in the box and Ravens ran a bunch in crunch time against that light box set getting them into fg range and that gave them the shot to tie it late.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers did lose about 15 seconds of time because they didn't use the final timeout after a short pass play to about the 20 (I think). They ran the second play hurry-up, it was incomplete and Mason was roughed this left 7 seconds, they tried a quick pass then took the FG.

Wouldn't it have been better to stop the clock after the short gain to the 20 yard line and leave about 20 seconds. You can take two shots into the EZ and if unsuccessful, kick the FG. By not taking the TO, the Steelers got one real quick look at an EZ throw.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Steelers had 1 timeout left in the first half and only ran 17 seconds off the clock before calling the timeout before bozs fg......
    Go look it up
    No they didn't I just looked up the play-by-play, they ran a play the time ticked off, they ran another play with 12 seconds left, got a roughing penalty and then ran a play with 7 seconds that was incomplete and kicked a field goal to end the half.
    Last edited by Mr.wizard; 10-09-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers did lose about 15 seconds of time because they didn't use the final timeout after a short pass play to about the 20 (I think). They ran the second play hurry-up, it was incomplete and Mason was roughed this left 7 seconds, they tried a quick pass then took the FG.

Wouldn't it have been better to stop the clock after the short gain to the 20 yard line and leave about 20 seconds. You can take two shots into the EZ and if unsuccessful, kick the FG. By not taking the TO, the Steelers got one real quick look at an EZ throw.

Pappy
    Not sure I want Mason taking shots in the endzone from the 20.

Maybe they could’ve clocked it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    I just think the 20 is too far to limit the QB to just end zone passes, I think they wanted to have the option to throw it short of the goal line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Not sure I want Mason taking shots in the endzone from the 20.

Maybe they could’ve clocked it?
    Problem is you don't get the extra shots, because he would of had to clock it on 2nd and 6 putting him in 3rd and 6, so he only gets one shot and has to kick the field goal anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    it was after samuel's catch. and yes, as soon as they saw he didn't get out of bounds, they should have called a timeout.

this was a typical clock management mistake by tomlin