Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Do You Cut?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Then let me make it simpler; who is likely to be the franchise QB?
    That is the point. With limited data it's easy to draw wrong conclusions from limited data.
    But it's also important to remember Troy.

He had a bad first year, and then grew into a HoF player.

That does mean that every player with a bad first year won't always be bad.

But it also mean that every player with a bad first year will be a HoF player.

I think you're right that the conclusion is we need more data. And hopefully he recovers from his concussion and we get the opportunity to get that information.

Or that Duck ends up being awesome and Mason's level of ability doesn't matter as much. I don't think that's likely, but like Mason it's impossible to tell from a couple of quarters. But becoming an above average QB in the NFL is very, very difficult.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Starter

User Info Menu

Then let me make it simpler; who is likely to be the franchise QB?
    That is the point. With limited data it's easy to draw wrong conclusions from limited data.
    Changing the title doesn't change the fact that it is still a weak attempt to prove something that no one ever said.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I think That's the point. Some are already saying Rudolf doesn't look capable of being the answer after Ben.

I think the point is to say the GOAT was not tearing up the league at that point either.

Too early to judge the kid.
    Yep. Too early and it's still a lot of time left to figure things out for the future.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Changing the title doesn't change the fact that it is still a weak attempt to prove something that no one ever said.
    Just stop. Everyone else got the point but you.

Starter

User Info Menu

Just stop. Everyone else got the point but you.
    Fail........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Fail........
    Go easy on yourself. We'll help you through the thought process.

When you get confused just ask a question. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question. Just stupid people that ask questions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

can i say this: my first thought was "too little data to know"... moreover, i rarely make a decision based purely on stats.

For example, if you saw the statline of brett favre throwing 6 ints in a game against the rams in a playoff game, you'd think he lost that game.

if you watched that game, you'd know 4 of them came after they were down 31-10 in the second half, after an antonio freeman fumble ended a drive just outside of the red-zone that could've cut it to 7 points (24-17)... it's like criticizing a guy for throwing an interception on a hail mary... he just threw 4 such passes lmao
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!