Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Bud Dupree

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Bud Dupree

    Dupree has the same number of sacks as Joey Bosa (3) and 4 more solo tackles..... making it tough to continue to dog him.

    Will the Steelers really consider resigning him if he continues at this rate?

  2. #2
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    It will be interesting.
    No cap space, no one in waiting and no draft picks.

    I can only see 14 million in obvious savings by cutting Barron, Chick and Moncrief.
    That added to our few million of space gonna make it tough.
    Last edited by whatever; 10-07-2019 at 09:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dupree has the same number of sacks as Joey Bosa (3) and 4 more solo tackles..... making it tough to continue to dog him.

    Will the Steelers really consider resigning him if he continues at this rate?
    probably depends on his asking price...

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    He's on pace for 9 sacks and 70 tackles. Better than expected, but he's being out performed by Tuitt and Heyward at this point.

    Let's see some consistency first.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Bud DuPree is playing his best football ...however hes not playing at a level that cannot be replaced if his asking price is too high.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  6. #6
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Bud DuPree is playing his best football ...however hes not playing at a level that cannot be replaced if his asking price is too high.
    Who do you think can replace those numbers for less than 9+ million?

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Who do you think can replace those numbers for less than 9+ million?
    There are guys like Matthews and Barrett who signed for $4.5m and $4m who have 6 and 9 sacks respectively so far this season.

    With TJ, Tuitt, Heyward, etc. in the front 7, Bud should see a lot of 1 on 1 matchups and he's averaging just over .5 sacks per game and 4 tackles. That's not $9m/yr in production. Not even close imho.

  8. #8
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There are guys like Matthews and Barrett who signed for $4.5m and $4m who have 6 and 9 sacks respectively so far this season.

    With TJ, Tuitt, Heyward, etc. in the front 7, Bud should see a lot of 1 on 1 matchups and he's averaging just over .5 sacks per game and 4 tackles. That's not $9m/yr in production. Not even close imho.
    Agreed, but it seems as though the Steelers value what he brings to the defense other than stats.
    They did give him 9+ coming off years much worse than this one.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    It will be interesting.
    No cap space, no one in waiting and no draft picks.

    I can only see 14 million in obvious savings by cutting Barron, Chick and Moncrief.
    That added to our few million of space gonna make it tough.
    I have seen this mentioned before. My limited cap knowledge says this is off and that's without any cuts. The caps been going up every year by a good rate so that has to be factored in. I am not saying they will have a bunch of money and restructuring won't happen. But it's never as bad as some think IMO. School me on the cap and just factor in the same jump in cap from last season see how that jives. I am to lazy to do the research FYI. I just wait for depot to do his offseason cap articles.

    I would not pay Bud, but I also would not pay Bell. And the Steelers tried to pay Bell and I can see why now. Not sure the Oline and Conner are that good of a match without the threat of Big Ben. Bell always helped out the Oline IMO.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Who do you think can replace those numbers for less than 9+ million?
    The irony of this question is pretty good.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

    Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •