Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bud Dupree

Legend

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha. He’ll probably go for the biggest contract he can get. Priced right out of our range.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Bud turned it around just in time for his big second contract. Will he give the Steelers a hometown discount for all the substandard seasons the Steelers stuck with him?

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt it. If you want loyalty, buy a dog. He’s looking to break the bank.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I doubt it. If you want loyalty, buy a dog. He’s looking to break the bank.
    Hahahaha. Well said.

Funny how his breakout season comes in a contract year.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that he's shown improvement with the rah rah coach gone. Not Tomlin... the other rah rah former coach... Porter.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Hahahaha. Well said.

Funny how his breakout season comes in a contract year.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that he's shown improvement with the rah rah coach gone. Not Tomlin... the other rah rah former coach... Porter.
    kinda disingenuous on his part to only want to show up in a contract year. I've always felt that about players who only show up because of that.

Legend

User Info Menu

kinda disingenuous on his part to only want to show up in a contract year. I've always felt that about players who only show up because of that.
    which begs the question...is this contract-year Dupree whom we'll not see again?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

maybe he's juicing for 1 big payday. rarely saw this kind of power and explosiveness his first 4 years

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt Dupree waited to turn it on. A better secondary also helps with the rush. That extra second or half second definitely helps a speed rusher.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I doubt Dupree waited to turn it on. A better secondary also helps with the rush. That extra second or half second definitely helps a speed rusher.
    So you don't think he's improved this year or is playing with a bit more edge?

I also question why it took the Steelers so many years to move him to the right side.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    So you don't think he's improved this year or is playing with a bit more edge?

I also question why it took the Steelers so many years to move him to the right side.
    He’s stats have improved but so has our secondary.

I think that’s a big reason he is finishing plays.