Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deferring the kickoff is just

Starter

User Info Menu

Deferring the kickoff is just

Iike Tomlin going for 2 every time a few years ago.
    He was more concerned about "Hey, look at me. Look what I'm doing. I'm gonna try to make a name for myself. I'm going to show them how smart I am".
    There was no rhyme or reason why and when he did it. No certain situations.
    I bet the same Tomlin fans that agree with his kick off decision, supported his 2 point decisions.
    It's funny how 'right' he was to go for 2 but the following years he didn't attempt them.
    Where is the outcry for him not going for 2 since then?
    He's all look at me, look at my shades, look at my crazy decisions, listen to my fancy cliches.

Please tell me I'm wrong that those fans didn't defend him.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Iike Tomlin going for 2 every time a few years ago.
    He was more concerned about "Hey, look at me. Look what I'm doing. I'm gonna try to make a name for myself. I'm going to show them how smart I am".
    There was no rhyme or reason why and when he did it. No certain situations.
    I bet the same Tomlin fans that agree with his kick off decision, supported his 2 point decisions.
    It's funny how 'right' he was to go for 2 but the following years he didn't attempt them.
    Where is the outcry for him not going for 2 since then?
    He's all look at me, look at my shades, look at my crazy decisions, listen to my fancy cliches.

Please tell me I'm wrong that those fans didn't defend him.
    Yep...Dumb as ever!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Tomlin is cocky, arrogant and stupid.

Like I said in the other thread, I think the confusion after the OT coin toss was due to the refs being so perplexed by Tomlin's stupidity in his decision to kickoff. That is why they double and triple checked with Heyward. They couldn't believe it.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

That guy in New England did the same thing once. Tomlin said it was based on his zero confidence in the return game. To his credit after Ravens punt we had the ball on the 35 so it worked out in this case but I did not like the decision either.
    That said if Washington offers a #1 I make that deal. MT gets a new start. We get a top prospect. The Rooneys get to make a smooth transition into a new coaching staff.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    That guy in New England did the same thing once. Tomlin said it was based on his zero confidence in the return game. To his credit after Ravens punt we had the ball on the 35 so it worked out in this case but I did not like the decision either.
    That said if Washington offers a #1 I make that deal. MT gets a new start. We get a top prospect. The Rooneys get to make a smooth transition into a new coaching staff.
    Trading a coach is like firing one. As much as they should, they won't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of all the things he's done, I was ok with this one. The only question I had is do you put your D out in back to back series like that when they already played so much? I mean TJ was on the sideline to start the final D stand vs Baltimore in regulation.

On O, DH was moving the ball, but I think it's a lot to ask your 3rd string QB to go score a TD. And odds were, Baltimore was only going to score a FG at best. This D is coming together so I also trust them a little more than the O.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought it was a stupid call. Still do. That said, Tomlin's post-game comments about it were pretty emphatic. Emphatic doesn't somehow make it correct, but at least he had thought it through, and I like the way he called out our lousy special teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I thought it was a stupid call. Still do. That said, Tomlin's post-game comments about it were pretty emphatic. Emphatic doesn't somehow make it correct, but at least he had thought it through, and I like the way he called out our lousy special teams.
    I'm hoping this means the end of the Danny Smith era in Pittsburgh...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Even with Moncrief being terrible, Holton has not looked any better really. Should have kept Spencer.
    Might even be a good idea to bring back Rogers. Not sure he would be any better on special teams or as a WR. But would he be any worse? Is he slot WR only?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is just like going for 2 every time.

Likely to increase your chances of winning.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158