Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just sayin...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    if we can get 1st round pick/s for tomlin.. im all for moving him.. and for the crowd that says "Who are we going to get thats better"? well let me ask this.. Who was Mike Tomlin when we hired him?
    He was Mike Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    He was Mike Tomlin.
    Nooooo..he was a no name nobody. Then later he became Mike Tomlin.

Ernie has made the point I've been saying. The inner circle of coaches and GM's know who the up and comers are. We as fans don't.
    Colbert can and will put in the due diligence to find the proper (good) guy for the HC position.

Teams who keep wanting retread coaches from other teams seldom find the success they are looking for.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

Ernie has made the point I've been saying. The inner circle of coaches and GM's know who the up and comers are. We as fans don't.
    Colbert can and will put in the due diligence to find the proper (good) guy for the HC position.

Teams who keep wanting retread coaches from other teams seldom find the success they are looking for.
    They might know who the up and comers are but that doesn't make them good head coaches. Just take a look at who the Browns and Dolphins have hired in the last decade or two. How about Jacksonville? Then there is Buffalo and Arizona. They've all gone through a myriad of coaches with the vast majority being horrible.

Now I'm not saying that means we don't look for a new coach. It just means that the odds of them being successful is not great. And by successful I mean pleasing to all of us Steeler fans.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    They might know who the up and comers are but that doesn't make them good head coaches. Just take a look at who the Browns and Dolphins have hired in the last decade or two. How about Jacksonville? Then there is Buffalo and Arizona. They've all gone through a myriad of coaches with the vast majority being horrible.

Now I'm not saying that means we don't look for a new coach. It just means that the odds of them being successful is not great. And by successful I mean pleasing to all of us Steeler fans.
    I don't know; we've been pretty good at it so far. I trust in Colbert. Im not factoring in other teams failure track record in regards to finding a good head coach into our finding a good head coach. Most of those organizations are garbage and ours isn't.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

If teams track the up and comers why do so many teams hire retread head coaches that have failed more than once? Woldn't you think if they knew who the new young bright football minds were they would hire one of them?

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yessss, he was Mike Tomlin when we hired him that is a fact. I'm pretty sure his birth certificate didnt change from "Nobody" to " Mike Tomlin" once we hired him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even when I thought we'd have Ben for the first 5 games - I had us at 2-3. Our schedule this year was formidable - even at full strength.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know; we've been pretty good at it so far. I trust in Colbert. Im not factoring in other teams failure track record in regards to finding a good head coach into our finding a good head coach. Most of those organizations are garbage and ours isn't.
    That's the irony of your position. You trust the org to find the next great head coach, but you don't trust them with staying with their current choice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That's the irony of your position. You trust the org to find the next great head coach, but you don't trust them with staying with their current choice.
    What irony? The organization gave him only a one year extension; basically putting him on notice. There not all in his corner either. When you are confident in a guy, you give him a three year extension. This was a “ prove it to me “ season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If teams track the up and comers why do so many teams hire retread head coaches that have failed more than once? Woldn't you think if they knew who the new young bright football minds were they would hire one of them?

Pappy
    Because most organizations in this league donít know what to look for in a new coach. So they take the easy way out by hiring retread. Itís the easy way out. But the majority donít give them the success they think there going to get.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN