Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Wants Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Which time?
    no kidding, everyone in the Lions organization and all their fans should be livid...

Banned

User Info Menu

Lions got jobbed. Whole nation saw it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I don’t blame Ben for everything but I definitely blame players for their lack of execution on the field more than coaches for the hypotheticals.

players on the field face other players just as big and just as fast looking to crush them.

tomlin just has to watch them and use his brain to make a decision. which clearly he is lacking.

shoot, he's even said himself that the patriot are intellectual while we're (steelers) emotional.
    a coach shouldn't be making decisions on pure emotions but that's exactly what he's doing
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 10-15-2019 at 02:00 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Yep

Winning on the road on the west coast with a rookie UDFA QB with other significant injuries on O and D is just a pathetic display of coaching.

Don't you see how zealously anchoring on a belief for Tomlin is forcing you to make (and then defend) terrible arguments?

It's Tomlin derangement syndrome
    I've actually stuck up for him in the past

remember everyone getting on him for the on side kick vs Jax in the playoff game. I agreed it was the right thing to do because it gave them 2 chances at getting the ball

Now. what the FFF have you ever said negative about him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Yep

Winning on the road on the west coast with a rookie UDFA QB with other significant injuries on O and D is just a pathetic display of coaching.

Don't you see how zealously anchoring on a belief for Tomlin is forcing you to make (and then defend) terrible arguments?

It's Tomlin derangement syndrome
    it was a good win, not a great home field advantage for those chargers and they have a history of losing games in these types of situations, but a good win nonetheless

thank god for you sutton held onto the ball there at the end or that clock mismanagement before the half would be getting a lot more play today. even some of you guys might be questioning Teflon Tom about it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, on the road, with a UDFA rookie QB, and a 21-0 halftime lead, the conservative approach was the way to go. I was fine with it. Much better chance of a pick or a sack/fumble than pushing the ball for a score.
    you try a somewhat safe play on 1st/2nd down. if that dont gain any yards, you kneel it down go into the locker room. no bigg deal. but, you have to give it try

this is discussed often by the SNF crew

in the end, it at least gives ducky an in game experience of a quick 2 minute drill for somewhere down the road when it may be needed a bit more then yesterday. san diego was on their Heels the whole 1st half
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 10-15-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Lions got jobbed. Whole nation saw it.
    the NFL has a serious officiating problem...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    it was a good win, not a great home field advantage for those chargers and they have a history of losing games in these types of situations, but a good win nonetheless

thank god for you sutton held onto the ball there at the end or that clock mismanagement before the half would be getting a lot more play today. even some of you guys might be questioning Teflon Tom about it
    There was nothing wrong going into half time with a 21-0 lead on the road with a rookie QB. The things that people criticize this coaching staff for sometimes is insane.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 10-15-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've actually stuck up for him in the past

remember everyone getting on him for the on side kick vs Jax in the playoff game. I agreed it was the right thing to do because it gave them 2 chances at getting the ball

Now. what the FFF have you ever said negative about him
    I have consistently said that his insistence on refusing to share caries for RBs is stupid. Especially in the year with Blount where it may have cost us a trip to the SB. I even went through his coaching tenure and posted all the data (that's his I know that argument is reasonable)

I've also been critical of his time management and have often called for us to hire an analytics expert to advise in real time on game day. Stupid not to do this because it's an advantage we'd get that doesn't impact the cap.

There are reasonable arguments against Tomlin iMO. Deciding not to be reckless with an untested UDFA QB when you have a 21 point lead is not a good argument IMO.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-15-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was happy we got the pick because it sealed the deal and I like when the Steelers win.

But even without the pick, it would have been 3rd and 10 from the Chargers 1 (99 yards away, not 1 yard) with under a minute to go up by 7 with no time outs for them.

That's clearly not a bad situation to be in, right?