Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Wants Tomlin

Administrator

User Info Menu

There was a picture floating around yesterday of a Redskins jet at the Pitt airport. Anyone know if that picture was real and if so, why in the hell was it in Pittsburgh? Is there legs to the trade rumor?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    There was a picture floating around yesterday of a Redskins jet at the Pitt airport. Anyone know if that picture was real and if so, why in the hell was it in Pittsburgh? Is there legs to the trade rumor?
    Absolutley...everything on the internet is true. I expect that the team will trade Tomlin mid-season because the ownership is so upset with him.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Absolutley...everything on the internet is true. I expect that the team will trade Tomlin mid-season because the ownership is so upset with him.
    No one said any of that.... but carry on.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oviedo is exaggerating things all over the chat. Belittling any and everyone who doesn't see things his way. Come on Ovi.

Respect baby!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

What he said. This is 100% my POV. The only opinions that matter are the Rooney's and when they decide Tomlin should go, I'm OK with it. What I love about our ownership is they don't give a Sh!t about what the fans think. That is exactly how it should be. They are running a business and they are happy with the return they are getting from Tomlin. Given they tolerated the late 90's performance of Cowher, I suspect Tomlin has a lot of time left. I don't expect a change until Tomlin hits the 15 year mark and then the organization may want to do a refresh. But they aren't going to do it based on fan opinions because they play the long game and it has worked better for them than all but one other NFL team.
    Interestingly, you didn't share that same opinion regarding Dick Lebeau. You complained about his defense through 2 SB wins. You defer to ownership's judgment only when it comports with your own.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Interestingly, you didn't share that same opinion regarding Dick Lebeau. You complained about his defense through 2 SB wins. You defer to ownership's judgment only when it comports with your own.
    It is possible that he learned some things from that experience.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess you mean that I have strong opinions while everyone else on the board is completely rational and unbiased. I guess I'll be the crazy person.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It is possible that he learned some things from that experience.
    Probably about as likely as me filling in for James Washington this weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably about as likely as me filling in for James Washington this weekend.
    What number did they give you?

Remember to attack the ball versus waiting for it to come to you