Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 388

Thread: Washington Wants Tomlin

  1. #211
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Ben brought us back to be in position to win that game by the beginning of the 4th qtr. the defense gave bortles 17 points in the 4th qtr. the defense. Tomlinís defense and Butlers defense.

    It is just amazing how you TTTís make up and reimagine things to cover for Tomlinís inadequacies.

    don't forget coach peezy going on national TV saying "everyone knows its going to come down to the patriots and us"

    no bulletin board material there for a team that already beat you. He smart

  2. #212
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I thought you blocked all the name callers, must be tough to read your own posts

    Do you think losing the best player on the D after the trade deadline and replacing him with a guy off the couch maybe had something to do with the subpar D?

    And the truth is we lost twice to the Jags in 2017 mostly because of Ben.

    The Jags D owned Ben in 2017.

    They generated 7 turnovers by Ben personally in 2 games. To put that in context: On average in 2017 defenses generated 13.5 Ints and 8.5 fumbles for a total of 22 turnovers per game (or 1.4 turnovers per game). Against the Jags, Ben was responsible for 7 total turnovers, or 3.5 / game. That's three times the average number of turnovers a team generates just on Ben. That is terrible execution from a guy that will deservedly end up in the HoF.

    And his turnovers in the playoff game came early, allowing them to get a big lead. That's exactly the opposite of what we wanted to do against a team with an offense that was less than dynamic.

    Or maybe Tomlin should have run the "not interception" and "not fumble" plays more often. But, you're supposed to be able to let a HoF QB do more than manage the game. Or maybe Tomlin deserves credit for cutting Ben's number of turnovers by 60% from the regular season game to the playoff game? But really, the guy that screwed up is the guy that should own the mistakes.

    Ben did well against their D in the playoffs anytime they were up by 2 scores. But they stopped us or turned it over anytime they weren't.

    Because Ben and the team played well after a terrible start (testament to good coaching), we still had a chance to win at the end of the game. And while Ben was the biggest reason for the almost comeback, he was also the biggest reason we lost IMO.

    didn't we just see our team get 5 turnovers and a total of 3 points from them.

    Did someone forget to tell the defense to play after those turnovers?

    again, it was a blake bortles led offense that put up 10 points the week before at home vs. buffalo

  3. #213
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I love how folks keep bringing up Tomlins home town or his son in Maryland as some type of incentive.

    You would think Pittsburgh was a 5 hour plane ride from DC the way people are talking.

  4. #214
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I guess it’s going to come down to, Does Tomlin want to go to Washington. Every thing else is just hot air.

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  5. #215
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    didn't we just see our team get 5 turnovers and a total of 3 points from them.

    Did someone forget to tell the defense to play after those turnovers?

    again, it was a blake bortles led offense that put up 10 points the week before at home vs. buffalo
    So your argument is that turnover ratio doesn't matter?

    Because that's clearly a ridiculous argument.

    The Jags just had Ben's number that year. It also didn't help that we had to replace our best player on D with a guy off the couch because he got hurt after the trade deadline.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-13-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  6. #216
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    didn't we just see our team get 5 turnovers and a total of 3 points from them.

    Did someone forget to tell the defense to play after those turnovers?

    again, it was a blake bortles led offense that put up 10 points the week before at home vs. buffalo
    Wait. Are you blaming the defense for not continuing to play defense after 5 turnovers?

    or is this just another example of a fan mad at 2017 and can’t move on.

    When you produce 5 turnovers and only get 3 points it means your D is playing a lot more football than your offense. It’s not surprising to see a D get tired of the O doesn’t convert or sustain drives.

  7. #217
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I guess itís going to come down to, Does Tomlin want to go to Washington. Every thing else is just hot air.
    Basically.

    I canít see Tomlin moving on right now but I could definitely see him making a move in a few years after the next coach in DC fails.

    Throw a bag of money and GM power and it could be a nice way to end your career financially.

    Also, while Tomlin is relatively young 15 years as a HC is damn near an eternity. I could also see him doing a Cowher and sitting in a studio twice a week making just as much as he makes now.

  8. #218
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Basically.

    I can’t see Tomlin moving on right now but I could definitely see him making a move in a few years after the next coach in DC fails.

    Throw a bag of money and GM power and it could be a nice way to end your career financially.

    Also, while Tomlin is relatively young 15 years as a HC is damn near an eternity. I could also see him doing a Cowher and sitting in a studio twice a week making just as much as he makes now.
    My guess is that if he wants to work after coaching the Steelers, he'll be a talking head.

    Good money, little effort, and he seems to be pretty charismatic so I bet he'd be good at it.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  9. #219
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    So your argument is that turnover ratio doesn't matter?

    Because that's clearly a ridiculous argument.

    The Jags just had Ben's number that year. It also didn't help that we had to replace our best player on D with a guy off the couch because he got hurt after the trade deadline.
    it didn't matter in the 49ers game. did it? they accomplished a lot more with a lot less then what we have on defense

  10. #220
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    lmao. our KR team couldn't get the ball past the 10yd line against Baltimore.

    Cincy returns the opening kick for a TD.

    #DannySmithForever
    c'mon now, its mot like coach peezy is in charge of that... am i right? lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •