Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Wants Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Please!! Where can I sign off on this trade? We need to take advantage of the sucker known as Snyder. LOL.

** And for the posters who keep saying, " who can we get to replace him?" ....we can find a good coach the same way the Bears found Nagy; the same way the Rams found McVay.
    Football people KNOW who the next up and coming coaches are; we are not in those circles but they know. Just like Tomlin came out of those circles, so can our next coach.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Josh Daniels sucked as a head coach with Denver a few years back but if he was available I'd sign him up and take Joe Judge with him and bring them in and not look back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Josh Daniels sucked as a head coach with Denver a few years back but if he was available I'd sign him up and take Joe Judge with him and bring them in and not look back.
    Mcdaniels the best OC in the game. The way he morphs his attack from week to week is unlike anybody in the game. I get why you like him.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Mcdaniels the best OC in the game. The way he morphs his attack from week to week is unlike anybody in the game. I get why you like him.
    1) I think it's hard to put much stock into coordinator's talent under BB. Many have been tried as HCs and they all did poorly.
    2) There are lots of people who are good coordinators and bad HCs (Todd Haley for example).
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My understanding of how coaches get traded is that it's a bit different from players in that the new team (Skins) would need to get permission to discuss with Tomlin the terms of his new contract with them (contract doesn't go with the coach) and then the two teams would agree on the compensation for the coach - draft picks and/or cash.

Al Davis traded Jon Gruden to Tampa Bay for first-round draft pick in 2002, a first-round pick in 2003 and a second round pick in 2004. The Buccaneers also threw in $8 million in cash. The Steelers would be foolish to not consider a deal such as that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Al Davis traded Jon Gruden to Tampa Bay for first-round draft pick in 2002, a first-round pick in 2003 and a second round pick in 2004. The Buccaneers also threw in $8 million in cash. The Steelers would be foolish to not consider a deal such as that.
    I’d salivate over that deal. The return in picks would be huge for the organization.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Yep. I’ve been suggesting that and I’m on board.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe be we can get Harbaugh? I heard he’s awesome. Although there are rumors that he high fives his assistants.

Administrator

User Info Menu

He's a Virginia-guy. This way, he can return to his old stomping grounds where he can salivate over all the $hitty Virginia players that he likes.

The only great one he ever had was shockingly, one he inherited from Cowher.

Snyder can't possibly be dumb enough to trade for a janitor.

Last edited by steelz09; 10-07-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be more inclined to hire a new GM to work with Tomlin than getting rid of Tomlin.

Give him some guidance/support to get better players and better coaches and see what he can do.

Tomlin still does some good things, but he has his weaknesses which he hasn't done a great job of addressing on his own. I'd try to support him a little better and still leverage the good that Tomlin brings to the table.