Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Washington Wants Tomlin

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Oh Pretty please...

2nd string RB passing from your own 12, Wildcat on a 2nd and 1 for a big loss, instead of trying to power it for ONCE, for a 1st down...Leaving a TO in his pocket going into half ( God is he terrible at clock management ) Thumping his chest with his stupid sunglasses on, at the end of the game, when the game wasn't over...Not even mentioning the OT debacle...

Dude makes the same mistakes week after week, year after year...Steelers have been on a heavy downhill spiral the last few years...

Popcorn can't get out of his own way, He is a terrible Coach!

If Washington wants him, They can have him... PLEASE! I could drive him!
    But nobody will ever be better than him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    That's always been my problem with the Replace Tomlin crowd.
    While I have my issues w/ Tomlin I have yet to hear of any names that would be a definite upgrade.
    Zac and Freddie?? No Thanks
    The Steelers have an uncanny way of finding these generational HCs. They just haven't figured out how to get rid of them. That seems to be the take.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Hahaha.

We can only hope. Dumb Dumb Dan Snyder and the fraud. A match made in heaven. I wonder if it'll include janitorial duties at Snyder's mansion.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Cowboys will sell their souls to hire him. He will be the highest paid coach in the NFL the day he is hired.
    Good for him. Next...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Good for him. And the team that does that won't sniff the SB. Guaranteed.
    I don’t think Washington will be sniffing the postseason for a long time regardless.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Cowboys will sell their souls to hire him. He will be the highest paid coach in the NFL the day he is hired.
    Good for him. And the team that does that won't sniff the SB. Guaranteed.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    I think you're allowed to trade a pick for a coach right? Maybe they'd give us their 1st (which may be 1st overall), or 2nd rd pick.

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/report-washington-wants-acquire-coach-tomlin
    I saw something about this today on First take. It was more of a hypothetical and not as if the Redskins were actually inquiring about the janitor.

Backup

User Info Menu

Sometimes it's just time for a change, and it's not about "who out there is better?". Tomlin was a relatively unknown when he took over. Cowher too. Perhaps it's just time for a change, and if we can get something in return, particularly when our 2020 draft capital is already low, why not give it a shot? Lincoln Riley I'd take. I'd give Eric Bienemy a shot. Duce Staley has 8 years of coaching experience now and has successfully climbed the ladder. Kris Richard from Dallas. We've seen several examples of young coaches coming in with success (McVay, LaFleur having early success in GB, hell even Tomlin at one point).

It's not necessarily about going out and finding "someone better". Perhaps it's just time for a change and it's about finding someone "different than what you currently have"?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No way Rooneys will trade Tomlin. Well, maybe if Washington made a ridiculous offer, like a 1st and 2nd in 2020 and another 1st and 2nd in 2021. Then maybe they would consider. But I doubt it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The Steelers have an uncanny way of finding these generational HCs. They just haven't figured out how to get rid of them. That seems to be the take.
    That is the take...Tomlin, Like his predecessors, did very well for a long time...But, When they flamed out and it was time for a change...I think ( in their minds ) that they would feel a sense of disloyalty...Almost as if " you guys did do well for us, for so long, that it would be a slap in the face to get rid of you when you're down "

They're to loyal to a point... Popcorns time is up, He's getting worse by the game...Cut ties, regroup, and start over

We'll be fine!