Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hodges Is The Man

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Donald Trump has big hands ..... Little Marco not so much. Isn't that how it played out during the campaign.... lol.

I'm not trying to bring politics into this discussion. I hate politics but this is what the hand size discussion reminds me of.
    I'm sure half the people here had the same thought. LOL

Trump was insecure about his hand size and it's potential correlation to other sizes. So he called out Rubio. But I remember someone verified he has small hands.

Make this is fake? No idea, but according to this article, he's got hands that are 1.5 inches smaller than Duck's measured from his hand print.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b0104052a0cf68

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't know if it matters for Hodges but I remember it mattered for Mike Tomczac. He had small hands and when the weather turned bad he was horrible. In good weather he was an okay QB.

I don't know whether the "Duck" is going to turn out to be our next coming of BR but he passed the first test. He could have many more tests to go and hopefully he passes them all with flying colors. In today's NFL it only takes one bad grade for a guy with Devlin's pedigree.
    ^This. In normal game conditions, not so much but when the weather turns, it's a factor.

Some QB hand sizes:

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't know if it matters for Hodges but I remember it mattered for Mike Tomczac. He had small hands and when the weather turned bad he was horrible. In good weather he was an okay QB.

I don't know whether the "Duck" is going to turn out to be our next coming of BR but he passed the first test. He could have many more tests to go and hopefully he passes them all with flying colors. In today's NFL it only takes one bad grade for a guy with Devlin's pedigree.
    I thought McNabb had small hands too. Lots of fumbles IIRC
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    what about the guy here who actually watched every college game of his? (yes, that's me)

The correct answer is somewhere between your opinions... I've said from the start, Mike Vick 2.0. Electric player with a cannon for an arm - streaky with accuracy. He'll win games for ya. He'll lose games for ya. I also said "coach killer" 2.0, but, I'm giving the Ravens staff credit for doing a better job that what Atlanta did with Vick.

In any event, if you thought Vick was a capable QB, then Lamar's better (because unlike Vick, he'll get in the playbook as best he can; you'll never mistake his IQ for a Peyton Manning, tho).

Never wanted him as OUR guy because of the streakiness. Also don't want to face him because of his athleticism. AFCN is the worst place he could've landed as a Louisville alum who's a Steelers fan.
    I liked Lamar in college and like him as a franchise NFL QB. I'm watching his accuracy improve. They are developing him nicely. He has elite arm talent, and his legs need no mention. He is going to be a headache for years to come.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I liked Lamar in college and like him as a franchise NFL QB. I'm watching his accuracy improve. They are developing him nicely. He has elite arm talent, and his legs need no mention. He is going to be a headache for years to come.
    Jackson has some talent. But I think he could equally be Wilson2.0 or RG4.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm sure half the people here had the same thought. LOL

Trump was insecure about his hand size and it's potential correlation to other sizes. So he called out Rubio. But I remember someone verified he has small hands.

Make this is fake? No idea, but according to this article, he's got hands that are 1.5 inches smaller than Duck's measured from his hand print.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donal...b0104052a0cf68
    Fortunately small hands haven't kept Trump from being a great President.

Legend

User Info Menu

Out of curiosity, measured my own.... 8 3/8". ... I feel so inadequate

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Out of curiosity, measured my own.... 8 3/8". ... I feel so inadequate
    We're still talking about hands, right?
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Jackson has some talent. But I think he could equally be Wilson2.0 or RG4.
    He performs well against crap teams. Against teams that are at least respectable or above, he's shown little to nothing. I suspect against the Bengals he'll have a good day because they too are garbage. Against our defense, he was terrible in the pocket. 3 picks.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN