Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers D Looks Tired

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm sure it's been pointed out, but for two untimely fumbles this team could very well be 4-1.
    Thinking about all the offensive woes and defensive changes, they are not far away from the winners column sans a few plays.
    I agree that if those two fumbles hadn't occurred, then two losses might have been wins.

What I don't see is how changing two losses to wins makes a 1-4 record into 4-1. Wouldn't it be 3-2?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds like the performance of a team playing their 2nd and 3rd string QBs
    Ben didn't look any better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I agree that if those two fumbles hadn't occurred, then two losses might have been wins.

What I don't see is how changing two losses to wins makes a 1-4 record into 4-1. Wouldn't it be 3-2?
    You're right... sloppy math and optimism got in the way

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It sucks that our O is so bad in an era when all the rules favor the offense.
    No continuity this year at the QB position. It's difficult to execute consistently when the QB changes from week to week. We've played 5 games and have had 3 different QBs play and in a couple weeks we'll be changing frmo the current QB back to the second QB. If we can get a QB to stay healthy and play multiple games in a row, I think the team will win games and the offense will look better.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    No continuity this year at the QB position. It's difficult to execute consistently when the QB changes from week to week. We've played 5 games and have had 3 different QBs play and in a couple weeks we'll be changing frmo the current QB back to the second QB. If we can get a QB to stay healthy and play multiple games in a row, I think the team will win games and the offense will look better.

Pappy
    I hope you're right that it's only lack of continuity (which certainly seems important) and not lack of talent at QB.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I hope you're right that it's only lack of continuity (which certainly seems important) and not lack of talent at QB.
    Ben > Mason > Duck

Continuity is important but I don’t think any team can overcome this. We’re down to our third string undrafted QB. Not to mention the other injuries on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

No offense functions when the O-line play is bad. Offense sucked with Ben as well.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The O-line play hasnt been bad we just are facing stacked boxes and all out blitzes on the regular. The inexperience at QB is the reason for the lack of offensive production.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    No offense functions when the O-line play is bad. Offense sucked with Ben as well.
    Ben played less than 6 quarters and, yes, the OL started the season bad. I seriously doubt their record would be 1-4 if Ben was healthy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Ben > Mason > Duck
    I'm not convinced yet that Mason is all that much better than Duck. Not a big enough sample size. I will say that I feel like Duck has more confidence and energy than Mason. Mason seems more cerebral.

And Bad-Ben, which we've had from time to time, could be right in that mix.

Good Ben > Mason >= Duck

Mason >=Duck > Bad Ben
    Last edited by Eich; 10-10-2019 at 08:44 AM.