Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Ratbirds - game day

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    But that's his buddy.

Starter

User Info Menu

well you don't have to buy it. Not selling it to you. Asked and I gave a scenario. I think it makes perfect sense.

And I buy it.

brothervad

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    well you don't have to buy it. Not selling it to you. Asked and I gave a scenario. I think it makes perfect sense.

And I buy it.

brothervad
    Congrats. You are way in the
    minority.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Congrats. You are way in the
    minority.
    I don't think brothervad is in the minority at all, look at decision objectively rather than from the hating of Tomlin perspective and it actually makes sense. As I've proposed somewhere in a thread, which of the following is more likely?

A 75 yard walk-off TD drive with your 3rd string quarterback or,
    A 39 yard drive for an attempt at a 47 yard FG?

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't recall any Tomlin fans defending the decision when it was made. They chimed in after the defensive stop to say it was the right call. Even so, it was wrong.
    AND I guarantee if Tomlin would have accepted to receive, not one of you guys would say it was the wrong thing to do.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, I'm not buying it. Regardless of situation, you don't voluntarily give the opponent an opportunity to beat you before you have a chance to beat them.
    Unfortunately you don't seem to have the mental aptitude to understand with so much hate in your heart. That's a terrible burden to carry.

Starter

User Info Menu

But that's his buddy.
    The ONLY reason I can think of that you wouldnt put Diontae Johnson out there for returns is because there are ball security issues. He doesnt appear to be very strong when it comes to holding onto the ball when getting tackled.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I don't care if it's Belicheat making that decision. It's a horrible decision. As Herm Edwards would say, you play to win the game!

Dont overthink it.

You are in OT and you are deliberately giving the opposition the ball and you might not have chance to get it back. You are facing an explosive QB and offenses have a huge advantage in today's NFL. One big play and the game is over.

Under no circumstance, do you defer in OT. You always take the ball. Not taking the ball is utter stupidity.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't recall any Tomlin fans defending the decision when it was made. They chimed in after the defensive stop to say it was the right call. Even so, it was wrong.
    AND I guarantee if Tomlin would have accepted to receive, not one of you guys would say it was the wrong thing to do.....
    I've admitted I thought it was a bad decision at the time but after thinking it through logically and taking into account how well the defense was playing and the fact that the Steelers were down to there 3rd string quarterback, I changed my mind and believe the best decision was made to give the Steelers a chance at winning the game.

Pappy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't care if it's Belicheat making that decision. It's a horrible decision. As Herm Edwards would say, you play to win the game!

Dont overthink it.

You are in OT and you are deliberately giving the opposition the ball and you might not have chance to get it back. You are facing an explosive QB and offenses have a huge advantage in today's NFL. One big play and the game is over.

Under no circumstance, do you defer in OT. You always take the ball. Not taking the ball is utter stupidity.
    And, being unable to see any other alternative to a difficult decision is myopic thinking.

Pappy