Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Ratbirds - game day

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Alright Mason, take us home.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Deep pass Wide Receiver stopped ...wtf

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Deep pass Wide Receiver stopped ...wtf
    Not just any WR. Holton is our secret weapon!
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Legend

User Info Menu

Can someone explain to me why the Steelers didn't call a timeout after the first play of the last drive when Samuels (I think) didn't get out of bounds? They allowed so much tine to slip away from them and they were close enough to take shots in the end zone before kicking the FG.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 10-06-2019 at 02:41 PM.

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the Steelers didn't cal la timeout after the first play of the last drive when Samuels (I think) didn't get out of bounds? They allowed so much tine to slip away from them and they were close enough to take shots in the end zone before kicking the FG.

Pappy
    Because Tomlin is a Mastermind idiot at clock management
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Can someone explain to me why the Steelers didn't call a timeout after the first play of the last drive when Samuels (I think) didn't get out of bounds? They allowed so much tine to slip away from them and they were close enough to take shots in the end zone before kicking the FG.

Pappy
    because we don’t have a good coach...

Starter

User Info Menu

Flow of the game, obviously.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Hope the football Gods noticed I said turnovers.

Not to get greedy, but I think our O's going to need help today and the D should be the better unit.
    Plural doesn't necessarily just mean 2.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    I think they should have called the TO.

To me, this means that they weren't going to take the shots either way and that they wanted the 3 now instead of risking having a completion in bounds, or not trusting Mason to avoid (i) a sack or (ii) a pick.

Or maybe we just suck at calling time outs at the end of halfs (a legit gripe given our history, IMO).

Starter

User Info Menu

If they quit letting Jackson throw deep we'd be screwed.