Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Steelers vs Bungles - game day

Backup

User Info Menu

I cant stand Tomlin and this win is not going to change that he needs to go. I will however give credit where it is due. The Jet sweep stuff last night was innovative and was a large reason for the win. I do not watch Pro Football to see high school style offensive schemes but for last night it was what was needed. Now Tomlin don't fall in love with this. The Ravens will be ready and I believe Rudy can get the ball down the field if given time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Has Andy Dalton come out of his coma yet?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    I cant stand Tomlin and this win is not going to change that he needs to go. I will however give credit where it is due. The Jet sweep stuff last night was innovative and was a large reason for the win. I do not watch Pro Football to see high school style offensive schemes but for last night it was what was needed. Now Tomlin don't fall in love with this. The Ravens will be ready and I believe Rudy can get the ball down the field if given time.
    Here's the thing, our pass rush seems to be legit. And I've seen over the last two games the Ravens have played (against real teams) that when he can't just sit back and survey the field, he's the same non-passing guy he's always been. So I don't see a big passing day out of LJ. Now when we flush him out the pocket, can we tackle (sack) him?? That is the question. I think we can. I think our pass rushers are athletic enough to catch him within that 10 yard radius.

Which is going to make the pivotal thing in this game.....our ability on offense to score some points and get up by a couple of scores. I saw Murray of Arizona throw for 340 yards on the Ravens. I'm thinking Rudolph will have to throw vertically down the field this game more so then last night. And if he can throw for 250 yards with a couple of TD's and we run the ball, we can win.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Good. I think that's part of the point in doing it. Make other teams prepare for it. It can't hurt the rest of our offense if the other team is preparing for more than just the ordinary.
    Considering we have one less day to prepare for Baltimore than they have to prepare for us this week (since they played on Sunday and we played on Monday), this new wrinkle evens that out a bit. Now the Raven coaches have the Wildcat to prepare for after watching us on MNF. I doubt we use it as much next week as we did last night, but their D now has to spend a decent amount of time this week preparing themselves to possibly face something they've never seen from us before last night.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree about our pass rush being effective. But i'm concerned about our run defense and if we don't have a good plan to contain Lamar in addition to the pressure - he's gonna scramble for a buck 50.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Considering we have one less day to prepare for Baltimore than they have to prepare for us this week (since they played on Sunday and we played on Monday), this new wrinkle evens that out a bit. Now the Raven coaches have the Wildcat to prepare for after watching us on MNF. I doubt we use it as much next week as we did last night, but their D now has to spend a decent amount of time this week preparing themselves to possibly face something they've never seen from us before last night.
    On the flip side, we have one day less to plan for something other than what we just ran.