Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 118

Thread: Terrell Edmunds WTF!?!!?

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Not me. I’m still not sold on LJ. Let’s see where he is in 3 years. Many young QBs (especially the great runners) tend to fizzle out. He is amazing to watch, but his arm talent needs to catch up with his arm strength. The Titans game showed his throwing limitations.

    For the record, I wanted Reid, the safety the Texans got. He’s a better safety, up to this point, but I’m not giving up on Edmunds yet. ��
    Exactly.... Edmonds still doesn’t look like a first round pick. But he’ll have time to earn it.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  2. #72
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Edmonds still doesn’t look like a first round pick.
    hey AB,

    his name is Edmunds...

  3. #73
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    A few things I would like to add to those who still claim Edmunds has underperformed and therefore something needs to be done with him. He had no "splash" plays, ints, sacks or fumble recoveries, etc although he was a prolific tackler.

    The Steeler defense as "whole" performed well this season. Steeler defense was ranked 5th by the end of the season. They gave up 18.9 pts a game. Steeler defense as a whole allowed 61.1% of the passes thrown to be completed which was 6th. Steeler defense had 20 ints which was 2nd. Steeler defense ranked first in sacks. Steeler defense had 99 passes defensed which was 3rd.

    Edmunds was very integral part of this complete performance. He played a high percentage of plays. The way I would interpret this is that Edmunds did his job so well that it gave other players the freedom to make more plays on the ball. I would connect his performance to the overall defense than just focus on that he personally did not record ints, fumble recoveries, and sacks. I feel that he is a young, emerging talent who did not take a lot of chances so that he would not get himself out of position. In the future, as he gains experience, he probably will put more numbers in those categories.

    But I think he was well worth a late first round pick.

  4. #74
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    A few things I would like to add to those who still claim Edmunds has underperformed and therefore something needs to be done with him. He had no "splash" plays, ints, sacks or fumble recoveries, etc although he was a prolific tackler.

    The Steeler defense as "whole" performed well this season. Steeler defense was ranked 5th by the end of the season. They gave up 18.9 pts a game. Steeler defense as a whole allowed 61.1% of the passes thrown to be completed which was 6th. Steeler defense had 20 ints which was 2nd. Steeler defense ranked first in sacks. Steeler defense had 99 passes defensed which was 3rd.

    Edmunds was very integral part of this complete performance. He played a high percentage of plays. The way I would interpret this is that Edmunds did his job so well that it gave other players the freedom to make more plays on the ball. I would connect his performance to the overall defense than just focus on that he personally did not record ints, fumble recoveries, and sacks. I feel that he is a young, emerging talent who did not take a lot of chances so that he would not get himself out of position. In the future, as he gains experience, he probably will put more numbers in those categories.

    But I think he was well worth a late first round pick.
    He should continue to grow as a player. I don't think he is headed down the road of Burns.

  5. #75
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    A few things I would like to add to those who still claim Edmunds has underperformed and therefore something needs to be done with him. He had no "splash" plays, ints, sacks or fumble recoveries, etc although he was a prolific tackler.

    The Steeler defense as "whole" performed well this season. Steeler defense was ranked 5th by the end of the season. They gave up 18.9 pts a game. Steeler defense as a whole allowed 61.1% of the passes thrown to be completed which was 6th. Steeler defense had 20 ints which was 2nd. Steeler defense ranked first in sacks. Steeler defense had 99 passes defensed which was 3rd.

    Edmunds was very integral part of this complete performance. He played a high percentage of plays. The way I would interpret this is that Edmunds did his job so well that it gave other players the freedom to make more plays on the ball. I would connect his performance to the overall defense than just focus on that he personally did not record ints, fumble recoveries, and sacks. I feel that he is a young, emerging talent who did not take a lot of chances so that he would not get himself out of position. In the future, as he gains experience, he probably will put more numbers in those categories.

    But I think he was well worth a late first round pick.
    people see a few TD’s given up and think it’s the story of his life as a Steeler.

    Our secondary was much better this year and Edmunds wasn’t some weak link.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #76
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Interesting factoid; in games after the Fitz trade the Steelers defense had a negative EPA of something like -0.4 per play.

    Tells me someone... or everyone was doing their job really well.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 01-20-2020 at 01:48 PM.

  7. #77
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    He should continue to grow as a player. I don't think he is headed down the road of Burns.
    Oh no..he's not Burns. Let's not insult the kid by saying that.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  8. #78
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Interesting factoid; in games after the Fitz trade the Steelers defense had a negative EPA of something like -0.4 per play.

    Tells me someone... or everyone was doing their job really well.
    I think we are all in agreement that we like where the defense is at and we'd like to retain as many key defensive pieces as possible. What we can & can't retain is the question.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

    [url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

  9. #79
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I've always been more of a "wait and see" kind of guy. The guy is an athlete, grew up with a coach as a dad, and I like to use the third year as a "show me" year for young players. After two years of experience in this system, let's see what happens.

  10. #80
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Oh no..he's not Burns. Let's not insult the kid by saying that.
    Well some people seem to believe that about Edmunds.

    I think Burns has the talent to play in the league. The mental part is where he struggles. A team will give him a chance. Never know when the light will go on. He seems like a good dude. I hope it works out for him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •