Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AFCN quick thoughts

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Our D's #1 problem is our O can't stay on the field.
    Correct. This is why the Roethlisberger-led offense that refused QB sneaks on 3rd and 1 and frustratingly aired it out far down field regularly on 3rd and short hung our defense out to dry against good teams. The "back yard" football approach worked well enough against teams with less talent. It was more of a crap shoot against quality teams. But it always let to more 3 and outs than were prudent and therefore put our defense on the field a lot and let to them be gassed and exposed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think our problems are on both sides of the ball. No one side is better then the other now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I think our problems are on both sides of the ball. No one side is better then the other now.
    I don't think our D is great, but I do think it's way better than our O which has been pretty terrible (with and without Ben).
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think our D is really impressive the past few games... (SF, Bangles)

Yes it was against the lowly Bangles, but they are a good passing team.

Fitz, Nelson, Baron, and Bush starting to mesh in well...

And with the O able to continue long drives and score only get better...

Big Game this week to possible tie 1st place in AFCN ....

Let's do this!
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Legend

User Info Menu

Cam Heyward: Steelers are in the mix in the AFC North

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 1, 2019, 6:04 AM EDT

The Steelers started the season 0-3, but suddenly they feel like they’ve got a chance in their division. That’s what a big win over a division rival can do.

Steelers defensive lineman Cam Heyward said after Monday night’s 27-3 win over the Bengals that the Steelers feel good about where they are, with a game coming up Sunday against the Ravens.

“AFC North football is huge. We just want to be in the mix and right now we are. Not saying we’re leading the division or anything but all we did was certify that we can be part of the mix. We’ve got to be better next week. We’ve got a monster in Lamar Jackson. But right now we’ll enjoy this one,” Heyward said.

At 1-3, the Steelers are only a game behind the 2-2 Browns and Ravens in the AFC North. With the Steelers hosting the Ravens on Sunday, and the Browns underdogs at San Francisco next Monday, another win will give Pittsburgh a good chance of moving into first place in the division through five weeks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/01/cam-heyward-steelers-are-in-the-mix-in-the-afc-north/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens cut Tim Williams

Posted by Josh Alper on October 1, 2019, 4:05 PM EDT

The Ravens are making a change on defense after losing 40-25 to the Browns in Week Four.

The team announced on Tuesday that they have placed linebacker Tim Williams on waivers. Williams was a 2017 third-round pick by the team.

The move comes a week after Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the team wanted to see better work from the team’s younger edge rushers. Williams only played seven snaps against Cleveland, so it seems Jaylon Ferguson and Tyus Bowser are going to be the players that Baltimore is looking to as alternatives to Matt Judon and Pernell McPhee.

Williams had 18 tackles and two sacks in 19 overall appearances with the Ravens.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/01/ravens-cut-tim-williams/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.