Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFCN quick thoughts

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

AFCN quick thoughts

Quick thoughts

The team with the best defense is going to win that division.

With Fitz and Nelson gaining more commarade on this D, Bush and Edmunds growth. Bring back Vance Williams, we might have the best D in the afcn. But the big key is Fitz, Edmunds, and Bush.

Although we are two games back we are not out .... especially with Bungles, Clowns and Ravens also having their limitations...

Legend

User Info Menu

In the AFCN, we're last in defensive yardage, points, and TOP.

Cleveland might have the best D so far. Baltimore gives up 2 less points, but Cleveland gives up less yardage and their offense doesn't eat as much clock as Baltimore, keeping Cleveland's D on the field longer.

Our D's #1 problem is our O can't stay on the field.

But I think if we're patient, we'll see where we get in a few weeka. There's only 16 weeks in the NFL, but we need patience and time which doesn't always seem available or possible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see this season playing out just like 2013 - Steelers started out 0-4
    Ended up in the hunt at the end but it wasn't enough.

The Steelers have the talent to be a top 5 Defense but right now Coaching and lack of Running Game is failing them.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Haven’t followed the Browns D but I think they are pretty decent this year.

It’s the offense that isn’t clicking.

I don’t think stats really matter tho given how early it is in the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Baltimore is going to win the division pretty easily, but who knows.

I thought we would give them a run for their money before we started playing games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Haven’t followed the Browns D but I think they are pretty decent this year.

It’s the offense that isn’t clicking.

I don’t think stats really matter tho given how early it is in the season.
    A lot depends on the teams you play too. The Raven gave up over 500 yards of offense to the Chiefs and they are considered one of the top defenses. Browns played Titans, Jets with 3rd string QB , and a Rams team that hasnt been lighting it up. We got to face Brady, Wilson, and Garapollo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    A lot depends on the teams you play too. The Raven gave up over 500 yards of offense to the Chiefs and they are considered one of the top defenses. Browns played Titans, Jets with 3rd string QB , and a Rams team that hasnt been lighting it up. We got to face Brady, Wilson, and Garapollo.
    Exactly. The Pats game is going to skew the stats a bit.

It will all even out at the end but you can’t really compare stats when you aren’t playing the same teams and it’s only 3 games into the season.

Baltimore also played Miami to start the season. I’m sure their stats looked great on D for that game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Quick thoughts

The team with the best defense is going to win that division.

With Fitz and Nelson gaining more commarade on this D, Bush and Edmunds growth. Bring back Vance Williams, we might have the best D in the afcn. But the big key is Fitz, Edmunds, and Bush.

Although we are two games back we are not out .... especially with Bungles, Clowns and Ravens also having their limitations...
    You had me until Vince

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    You had me until Vince
    Against the run, Vince Williams playing next to Devin Bush is an upgrade over Mark Barron playing next to Bush.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

There are several vital new parts to our defense in Bush, Barron, Nelson and Fitz. I think they’ll get a lot better with time and game experience together.
    BUT, the offense HAS to start getting 1st downs and sustain drives to give them a chance.