Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: At what point on MNF do we see the corny "Killer B's No More" graphic??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Ha.. I know right.

But I guess my point is before a game I’m not wondering who the announcer will be and how it will ruin the game.

I guess I’m a hypocrite but Witten and Miller were so bad they only lasted a year... and I think Costas isn’t allowed to call NFL games after his last tirade. So my hatred was confirmed.
    I think growing up with the likes of Gifford, Madden, Summerall, Olsen, Enbberg, etc., I got spoiled. The only current announcer that I'd put up there with those guys is Al Michaels.

Booger repeats himself CONSTANTLY. I was literally screaming "WE GET IT, BOOGER!!" on Monday night. Add that to the annoying voice and he's just not one of my favorites. That being said, he is light years better than Witten. He was so bad I actually felt sorry for him.
    Last edited by rpmpit; 10-02-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    I was literally screaming "WE GET IT, BOOGER!!" on Monday night.
    That must have been one heck of a runny nose that you had.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That must have been one heck of a runny nose that you had.

Legend

User Info Menu

Anthony "Booger" McFarland was named after his great grandfather, Cornelius "Mucus" McFarland.
    I heard his kid is named Timmy “little snot” McFarland

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm guessing after the commercial break right before 2nd quarter starts.
    I thought they were gone by the 90s.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm guessing after the commercial break right before 2nd quarter starts.
    Our 1st drive

Legend

User Info Menu

I think growing up with the likes of Gifford, Madden, Summerall, Olsen, Enbberg, etc., I got spoiled. The only current announcer that I'd put up there with those guys is Al Michaels.

Booger repeats himself CONSTANTLY. I was literally screaming "WE GET IT, BOOGER!!" on Monday night. Add that to the annoying voice and he's just not one of my favorites. That being said, he is light years better than Witten. He was so bad I actually felt sorry for him.
    For knowledgeable fans, I think almost all commentators for all sports suck.

Their job is to engage with the casual fan.

So I think they end up describing pretty basic things or rehashing narratives that aren't necessarily true if you look at them seriously.

I try to just tune them out and watch the game. That's easier to do in a sport like hockey where they play most of the TV time. It's harder in football when there's very little play time vs. the length of the game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    For knowledgeable fans, I think almost all commentators for all sports suck.

Their job is to engage with the casual fan.

So I think they end up describing pretty basic things or rehashing narratives that aren't necessarily true if you look at them seriously.

I try to just tune them out and watch the game. That's easier to do in a sport like hockey where they play most of the TV time. It's harder in football when there's very little play time vs. the length of the game.
    Totally agree. And I think that's why Romo has become so popular so quickly. His perspective is geared more towards the fan that has more than just a casual understanding of the game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I thought they were gone by the 90s.

Couldn't tell you exactly when all those guys retired. But I've been watching football since the late 70s. I'm old

Legend

User Info Menu

Totally agree. And I think that's why Romo has become so popular so quickly. His perspective is geared more towards the fan that has more than just a casual understanding of the game.
    Yep. I think that's also why there aren't more guys like Romo. The networks assume people are stupid (for pretty much all other main stream media, not just sports).