In our last 9 games...No changes needed...The Standard is the Standard

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

team tries hard so the record doesn't matter

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    In our last 9 games...No changes needed...The Standard is the Standard
    Might want to change that old cliche to the Substandard is the new Standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin ball washers will defend it to the end. The new battle cry for the TBW is “ but we try hard” “we defend every blade of grass” blah, blah, blah.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    In our last 9 games...No changes needed...The Strawman is the Strawman
    Fixed that for you.

I'm pretty sure no one is arguing that no changes should be made.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Tomlin ball washers will defend it to the end. The new battle cry for the TBW is “ but we try hard” “we defend every blade of grass” blah, blah, blah.
    I thought we were here exchanging thoughts, ideas and opinions while discussing Steelers football.
    But anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion of the head coach is a "Tomlin Ball Washer"?
    Wow!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    I thought we were here exchanging thoughts, ideas and opinions while discussing Steelers football.
    But anyone that doesn't agree with your opinion of the head coach is a "Tomlin Ball Washer"?
    Wow!
    It's like how "be nice to people and don't call each other names" really means "be nice to Steel Maniac and don't call SM names".
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-23-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: * Edited because I got a PM noting that my original post made an assumption about SM's gender.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It's like how "be nice to people and don't call each other names" really means "be nice to Steel Maniac and don't call him names".
    Really means “I was really, really wrong about Moncrief”

“Oh, and I was reeeeeally wrong about Lamar Jackson so far this season..”

“AND please don’t bring up Conner’s play this year”

“We got bigger fish to fry so don’t fry me bro”

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It's like how "be nice to people and don't call each other names" really means "be nice to Steel Maniac and don't call him names".
    The 3 things people can't discuss civilly:

1. Politics
    2. Religion
    3. Steelers

The only way to bring people together is to make a cartoon about 3rd graders in Pittsburgh called Bethel Park.

It's main character should be a kid called ArtMan who's the great great great grandson of the Chief. He's an angry little kid that calls everyone ball washers and stuff. And he's convinced Coach Token is going to make the Steelers worse than the Pirates for generations to come.

Basically, get Matt Stone and Trey Parker. This story writes itself if you think about it long enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The 3 things people can't discuss civilly:

1. Politics
    2. Religion
    3. Steelers

The only way to bring people together is to make a cartoon about 3rd graders in Pittsburgh called Bethel Park.

It's main character should be a kid called ArtMan who's the great great great grandson of the Chief. He's an angry little kid that calls everyone ball washers and stuff. And he's convinced Coach Token is going to make the Steelers worse than the Pirates for generations to come.

Basically, get Matt Stone and Trey Parker. This story writes itself if you think about it long enough.
    Actually the best part would be the Crosby cameos because he's Canadian so his head would be split in half.