Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Points For Focus

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Some Points For Focus

Our running game is the definite weakness for this team right now.
    Rudolph has been fine for a rookie QB. Certainly didn't lose because of him.
    I think Rosie has been missed in the running game as Vince has been missed in the rushing defense game.
    And I don't think that we have particularly above average blocking TEs to help the matter.

If we're gonna win any games this year, the running game has got to be there to help the young QB.
    When Ben came in the league, we had the 2nd ranked rushing offense behind only Mike Vick's Falcons.
    We ran with the ball as much as we threw. Ben threw 2621yds/17td/11int. The Bus and Staley rushed for 2464 yds.
    We had the 28th ranked passing offense in 2004. We had the #1 ranked defense BY FAR in 2004.

We NEED to stay committed to establishing a run every game.
    We need to have a capable backup FB on the practice squad or elsewhere for if Rosie goes down.
    We need to use our committee of RBs in the running game.
    WE NEED TO STOP TRYING TO ALWAYS RUN THE BALL OUT OF SHOTGUN AND USE HIGH PERCENTAGE FORMATIONS.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.
    Believe In Now

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post
    I think Rosie has been missed in the running game as Vince has been missed in the rushing defense game.
    And I don't think that we have particularly above average blocking TEs to help the matter.

If we're gonna win any games this year, the running game has got to be there to help the young QB.
    When Ben came in the league, we had the 2nd ranked rushing offense behind only Mike Vick's Falcons.
    We ran with the ball as much as we threw. Ben threw 2621yds/17td/11int. The Bus and Staley rushed for 2464 yds.
    We had the 28th ranked passing offense in 2004. We had the #1 ranked defense BY FAR in 2004.

We need to have a capable backup FB on the practice squad or elsewhere for if Rosie goes down.
    WE NEED TO STOP TRYING TO ALWAYS RUN THE BALL OUT OF SHOTGUN AND USE HIGH PERCENTAGE FORMATIONS.

I agree, the shotgun is not what we should be using...
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

THe execution of the play calls is the problem on O. Not the calls or the formations. Grimble n Foster just r not cutting it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It all starts up front. Can’t establish a running game if the offensive line is getting dominated. They’ve been flat out awful.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    It all starts up front. Can’t establish a running game if the offensive line is getting dominated. They’ve been flat out awful.
    thank you...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You are not going to establish a run game facing eight in the box. Its not that we dont want to run the ball, the defenses are loading up stop us from running the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    You are not going to establish a run game facing eight in the box. Its not that we dont want to run the ball, the defenses are loading up stop us from running the ball.
    i can see that. this dink and dunk crap allows them to crowd the box and still effectively cover the underneath stuff

Legend

User Info Menu

Losing Munchak , the best offensive line coach in football ,was more devastating then some thought it would be.

And I agree about running out of shotgun formation isn’t the way to go. Conner isn’t the same type of running back as Bell. And Fitchner is too inadequate to realize that.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 09-23-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sager View Post

Agree 100% that Rudolph was the the problem yesterday against a good team. I actually liked what I saw. He seemed poised under a lot of pressure.

The OL is under performing for sure. Foster is getting pushed around. The under performing OL is hurting the running game

Too many drops at key moments yesterday...Grimble (wasted roster spot) and Dionte Johnson. The lack of a second quality TE is IMO showing.

I did like what I saw at times from the defense. Tuitt is having a monster season, but unfortunately Heyward seems to have disappeared. Bush is going to be very good. Fitzpatrick was a great add. Not happy with Barron.

Legend

User Info Menu

There was a reason a super bowl team like the Rams let Barron go. Now we see why.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN