Thread: How to light up the Steelers D

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How to light up the Steelers D

Throw the ball down the seams and the middle of the field. The whole league knows this except Tomlin

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Just show up and play half ass

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

open all the time

Backup

User Info Menu

Speaking of this, has anyone noticed Edmunds whatsoever in the last 2 years?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The seems have always been open. This scheme is seriously challenged by TEs up the seem.

Separate note: Edmonds and Barron both really struggle in coverage.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Throw the ball down the seams and the middle of the field. The whole league knows this except Tomlin
    $$$$
    we keep seeing the same thing

Starter

User Info Menu

We really need to get rid of Lebeau so Tomlin can run the defense he wants.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Speaking of this, has anyone noticed Edmunds whatsoever in the last 2 years?
    Edmunds was second on the team with 10 tackles. He didn't badly. He played kind of well just like last week when he also had 10 tackles. Fans like you
    think Barron is great and give him a pass because he has replaced the vilified Vince Williams. Barron was horrible with one tackle and made zero impact this
    season. Gets beat by receivers, when that is what he was supposed signed to do and would be great at.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Edmunds was second on the team with 10 tackles. He didn't badly. He played kind of well just like last week when he also had 10 tackles. Fans like you
    think Barron is great and give him a pass because he has replaced the vilified Vince Williams. Barron was horrible with one tackle and made zero impact this
    season. Gets beat by receivers, when that is what he was supposed signed to do and would be great at.
    I've never mentioned Barron once in my entire life. I think he sucks. But sorry, a safety having lots of tackles isn't really a good thing

Legend

User Info Menu

A safety leading your team in tackles isn’t a good sign about your defense in today’s NFL. And Edmonds is terrible in coverage.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN