Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Last week's PG chat (9/18 ):

N: Hello. Thank you for the chat. I am not a Tomlin hater but why is Tomlin not getting more heat for the defensive woes of the Steelers? From everything I have heard, he has more and more fingerprints over the defense. We have communication issues every year. We do not have a spy on Wilson , as per Dupree admission. Are cliches enough to be head coach? Thank you very much.

Gerry Dulac: I don't think people realize how much of the defensive calls (and game plan) Tomlin makes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    That's interesting. Dave and Alex usually make the argument on the podcast that Tomlin isn't calling plays because he doesn't have the play sheet (which seems to make sense to me).

It's interesting that there was an article on the Depot to the contrary. I'd like to read it if you have the link. Seems like it would be a good question to send them on the podcast if there's a contradiction between what they've said on there and what they post on the site.
    NB, here it is; don't know if this guy is a regular contributor or ad hoc (see #6):

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/to...lers-vs-49ers/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    according to what I read on another site, Tomlin was in charge of the defense vs. the Niners, and was calling the plays
    Honestly i call BS because every time the camera panned on Tomlin he looked like he was in space
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Defenses causes 5 turnovers and still plays 25 more snaps than the offense. That has to change.
    Two of those five TO's were gifts....Just saying
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Two of those five TO's were gifts....Just saying
    It counts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    The defense had them stopped they got a 1st down because of that Barron holding call which really was away from the play. I didnt think the defense played bad i think they just got wore down.
    whose choice was it to sign barron to play "big nickel" to cover these RB/TEs?slot WRs that have killed us for years

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    NB, here it is; don't know if this guy is a regular contributor or ad hoc (see #6):

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/to...lers-vs-49ers/
    Thanks

I think I'll write then that question.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    whose choice was it to sign barron to play "big nickel" to cover these RB/TEs?slot WRs that have killed us for years
    What the hell does that have to do with convo i was just having? He was saying the communication on the last drive is why they scored and i pointed out that the penalty is why they scored because the D had stopped them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I dont think bringing in Barron was a bad move i just think Barron hasnt played well, Barrons skill set is why he was brought in and it was something our defense was lacking, but so far he has just been bad.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    It counts.
    It counts but, they still were not because of our great Defense......