User Info Menu

Minkah!!!

Interception and forced fumble...terrible trade. Front Office is clueless

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Interception and forced fumble...terrible trade. Front Office is clueless
    his name is spelled Minkah.

and nobody said that, your shtick is getting really old.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

good first impression.

didnt see many posts that didn't like the player. the question is will it cost us a top 5 / top 10 pick and possibly our next franchise QB. mason is struggling today.
    why make the trade when the team might be lucky to win 5 games.

Starter

User Info Menu

1 quarter can be used to declare a move as awesome but 8 post seasons don't mean anything.... Lol

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

he is not worth the #1 overall draft pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Minkah made a huge difference. Jimmy G only completed ~72% of his passes compared to Brady and Wilson completing ~80%.

Also, our defense is 28th in giving up 442 yards/game. But we held SF to 436 yards which is over a 1% improvement. Although more of that credit probably goes to SF having unforced errors than Minkah specifically.

Never the less, I like getting Minkah, but it doesn't absolve the front office from a plethora of mistakes. For every Minkah we've brought on board, we drafted Artie, Bud, Jarvis Jones, etc. with 1st round picks and signed FAs like Moncrief and have backup TEs like Grimble ready to go when our often injured Vance goes down. In fact, our FO has only once trade a 1st round pick for a player like Minkah, but I could go on seemlngly forever with examples of things the FO has done that have been negative. Don't really care to rehash it all, but yeah, I think there's a lot of blame in the quality of team we have on the front office.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh71 View Post
    he is not worth the #1 overall draft pick
    I like him but he’s not worth a top 5 draft pick.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I definitely like the player. The move... ????

To me the move reflected 1 of 2 things

-either they completely believed in Rudolph and wanted to make sure the team knew they weren't giving up

or

-The coaching staff forced it, in a desperation move. Knowing Kelly isn't a viable starter, and honestly Shawn Davis hasn't shown to be either. The desperation of knowing the staff and FO are all on the hot seat.

Of course, it is really a combination of both factors. I'm sure the coaches were trying to sell the, "This isn't going to stop us." (Ben's injury) and they fully recognized the roster deficiency at the position.

Now if they'd recognize the deficiency at:
    TE
    ILB (boy oh boy has Barron struggled)
    WR
    RB
    Scheme (across the board)

Legend

User Info Menu

We have a deficiency at OC & DC. Can’t fix the deficiency below those positions until you fix the deficiency above them.

But oh wait!... we have a deficiency above the OC & DC!.......
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

So...

let's revisit this now. Is he still worth our first round pick now?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN