Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Minkah!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Nobody has forgotten that. People are just stating their opinion that he needs to go regardless. There isn't a poster in here who doesn't know Rooney has the real say on that.

What you don't grasp is that at some point you move on. And most likely the person we move on with probably isn't going to have HC experience. Just like Tomline didn't have when he took the job; Just like Sean McVay didn't have when he took the Rams job. Just like Matt Nagy didn't have when he took the Bears job. etc. etc.

Just because you don't have the experience doesn't mean your not better then your predecessor.

McVay didn't have more experience then Jeff Fischer who's place he took. And Fischer took a Titans team to a Super Bowl.
    But there is no one now who doesn't think McVay is a better coach then Fischer.

Doug Peterson didn't have more experience then Andy Reid. Who do you think the people in Philly love more now? Peterson got them a ring.
    The point is not " nobody is better than Tomlin" the point is that the Rooney's make the assessment of whats best for the team based on the best information available, so obviously if they are extending Tomlin they think he is the best option. What you are saying is no there are better options but you cant seem to list any. So are the Rooneys keeping the best option or not? If not what info do you have that they dont?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'd really love to know what my "shtick" is other than not embracing the overabundance of negativity that is put forward for just about everything
    I think you saw the light when we replaced Dick Lebeau with Keith Butler and realized the grass isn't always greener.

Don't worry, when we replace Tomlin with Keith Butler, the rest of us will long to have Tomlin back...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think you saw the light when we replaced Dick Lebeau with Keith Butler and realized the grass isn't always greener.

Don't worry, when we replace Tomlin with Keith Butler, the rest of us will long to have Tomlin back...
    Or when we replaced Arians with Whiz after appearing in 2 of 3 super bowls... and haven't been back to the SB since.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Or when we replaced Arians with Whiz after appearing in 2 of 3 super bowls... and haven't been back to the SB since.
    In some ways, I think Lebeau and Arians deserved a longer leash than Tomlin.