Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minkah!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

It kinda all boils down to record and how far we go into the playoffs.
    That is the goal, right?
    Not just if we have a few good players on the team.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't know what people see in Rudolph to make them think he's a franchise QB.

Not enough data yet, but it's not like he's setting the world on fire.

Our offense has been terrible this year and we can't get wins even though we keep winning the turnover battle.
    Tomlin and Colbert said he was and so did a bunch of Tomlin fans after he was drafted.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Tomlin and Colbert said he was and so did a bunch of Tomlin fans after he was drafted.
    And anyone that bases their opinion on puff up comments in press conferences is pretty silly IMO.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know what people see in Rudolph to make them think he's a franchise QB.

Not enough data yet, but it's not like he's setting the world on fire.

Our offense has been terrible this year and we can't get wins even though we keep winning the turnover battle.
    I love Rudolph but I too am not ready to say he's definitely a good starting QB in the NFL. Our defense does look improved thou. I"m hoping by the end of the season, we'll have an idea who (if any) is our QB for the future between Rudolph and Hodges.

I'm thinking that just as equally concerning should be our assistant coaching; we need to churn out dead weight. I'm not a Fichtner fan and our O-line play is terrible.... And not because they all got old all of a sudden; that's a lame excuse.
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. SO WHY DELAY THE INEVITABLE?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You know he did that deal without anyone else having any say just like he drafts without anyone else involved.
    only when it's a BAD decision, of course...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Starter

User Info Menu

And anyone that bases their opinion on puff up comments in press conferences is pretty silly IMO.
    Well then, I guess you have a bunch of silly fans you can argue with about that .

Backup

User Info Menu

I’m rooting for Mason. Not sure if he is the guy moving forward if Ben retires. He really needs to get a bit more aggressive.

Would love to see an early lead instead of a 3 and out at some point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I’m rooting for Mason. Not sure if he is the guy moving forward if Ben retires. He really needs to get a bit more aggressive.

I am also rooting hard for Mason (and Hodges). It would be awesome if we came out of this year confident that we had a QB that was capable of playing at or above average as a starting QB.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Iím rooting for Mason. Not sure if he is the guy moving forward if Ben retires. He really needs to get a bit more aggressive.

i'm sureMason is operating off scripted plays at the beginning of games

I continue to have more faith in MR than most. I think we got a real value pick in Round 3 and his initial opportunities haven't convinced me otherwise. As for not pushing the ball down the field, that is a Fichtner thing not an MR thing

Administrator

User Info Menu

Changed the thread title to correct Mikah's name since the original poster didn't seem to care.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.