Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minkah!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    So...

let's revisit this now. Is he still worth our first round pick now?
    Washington, Miami, Cincy. Those are the only 3 teams I'd say are a lock to finish worse than us. Our pick would be in the 4-8 range I'd imagine. Fitzpatrick better be the next Troy for that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So...

He looks to be very good.

I'm still worried that the pick will franchise QB selection high.

But at the same time, I think we'll be pretty competitive with this D next year if Ben comes back as his usual self.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Layne, Edmunds, M. Allen, Sutton, B Allen, Burns, Davis, Golson, Grant, Holiman - This ainít exactly a murdererís row of secondary talent drafted over the last 5 years.

Minkah was always projected to be a top 15 pick (he was 11th). SI had him listed as the #1 Safety in the draft. DraftScout had him listed as the #1 CB in the draft. He played in all 16 games las year and started 11. And he didnít play like a rookie. Now heís in year 2 and weíve got a proven, athletic, big, fast defensive back for the next couple of years at least, and longer if re-signed. It was a huge area of need. No guarantees no mater what number we drafted next year. Why not be happy with a good (who could possibly get to great) starter in a position thatís been a horror show for years.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So...
    Look at our roster right now. If you include Ben, Paxton Lynch and Ryan Shazier just for effect the Steelers probably have like 15 or 16 first rounders on the current roster. Not getting a first round pick next year will hardly be a crisis.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We traded a first round pick for a first round player - and we’re getting first round playmaking as a result. Seems like a good deal to me.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Layne, Edmunds, M. Allen, Sutton, B Allen, Burns, Davis, Golson, Grant, Holiman - This ainít exactly a murdererís row of secondary talent drafted over the last 5 years.

Minkah was always projected to be a top 15 pick (he was 11th). SI had him listed as the #1 Safety in the draft. DraftScout had him listed as the #1 CB in the draft. He played in all 16 games las year and started 11. And he didnít play like a rookie. Now heís in year 2 and weíve got a proven, athletic, big, fast defensive back for the next couple of years at least, and longer if re-signed. It was a huge area of need. No guarantees no mater what number we drafted next year. Why not be happy with a good (who could possibly get to great) starter in a position thatís been a horror show for years.
    Because if you are happy with the deal it is one less thing to hate on Tomlin for. You know he did that deal without anyone else having any say just like he drafts without anyone else involved.

It was a very good and smartly timed deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Look at our roster right now. If you include Ben, Paxton Lynch and Ryan Shazier just for effect the Steelers probably have like 15 or 16 first rounders on the current roster. Not getting a first round pick next year will hardly be a crisis.
    Everything is a crisis for some

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's Minkah, not Minka
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Washington, Miami, Cincy. Those are the only 3 teams I'd say are a lock to finish worse than us. Our pick would be in the 4-8 range I'd imagine. Fitzpatrick better be the next Troy for that.
    Versus what?

I bet he is more of a sure thing than any Saftety you would get in this upcoming draft.

You think you are going to miss out on the Tua sweepstakes. Good luck with that given how successful Alabama QBs are in the NFL. Besides with what I have seen from Rudolph, we have our future QB.

We need a pass rusher? I think we are average like 4 sacks per game now. I think we are OK getting to the QB.

Going to spend a Top 10 pick on a RB or WR? Good luck with the high bust rate at both positions.

Might we miss out on the best ILB in the draft...yes we may, but we got a Safety that we need and can get good ILBs in Round 2.

I guess other than complaining for complaining sake I don't see that we didn't do pretty good getting a #1 rated prospect with a full year of NFL experience at the position we need most on the defense.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Versus what?

I bet he is more of a sure thing than any Saftety you would get in this upcoming draft.

You think you are going to miss out on the Tua sweepstakes. Good luck with that given how successful Alabama QBs are in the NFL. Besides with what I have seen from Rudolph, we have our future QB.

We need a pass rusher? I think we are average like 4 sacks per game now. I think we are OK getting to the QB.

Going to spend a Top 10 pick on a RB or WR? Good luck with the high bust rate at both positions.

Might we miss out on the best ILB in the draft...yes we may, but we got a Safety that we need and can get good ILBs in Round 2.

I guess other than complaining for complaining sake I don't see that we didn't do pretty good getting a #1 rated prospect with a full year of NFL experience at the position we need most on the defense.
    I don't know what people see in Rudolph to make them think he's a franchise QB.

Not enough data yet, but it's not like he's setting the world on fire.

Our offense has been terrible this year and we can't get wins even though we keep winning the turnover battle.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]