Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AB killing Kraft on social media

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Maybe now those who were feebly trying to lay blame at the feet of Tomlin and Ben during Brown's manufactured divorce from the Steelers will have a different take now. The fact they got him to produce at the level he did for 6 years is now revealed as a truly magnificent accomplishment.
    yeah, let's give Tomlin credit for enabling AB.

how many Super Bowls did we win while Tomlin allowed AB to live by his own set of rules?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    If losing the locker room and 20+ million is perfect, I'd hate to how handling him wrong would turn out.
    Perfect was referring getting years of All-Pro performance from an insane athlete.

And if you’ve been paying any attention at all to Brown over the last few months/weeks, you would understand how handling him wrong turns out.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Perfect was referring getting years of All-Pro performance from an insane athlete.

And if you’ve been paying any attention at all to Brown over the last few months/weeks, you would understand how handling him wrong turns out.
    Really?
    I've seen 2 teams not kiss his arse and release him. Owing nothing or next to nothing as a cap hit.
    What those teams lost in money or draft picks, they made up in moral integrity and respect.
    Yes, Tomlin got production out of Brown but lost the locker room and wasted several prime years to win in the post season doing so.

Legend

User Info Menu

by handling AB wrong, do you mean not kissing his arse and letting him do whatever he wants?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    by handling AB wrong, do you mean not kissing his arse and letting him do whatever he wants?
    No, I was referring to embarrassing themselves in the media, destroying their own mythical better handling of problem players, and not even getting the guy on the field. You perpetual Tomlin haters really think the Raiders and Pats stood on principles here? How naive are some people on this board?

Legend

User Info Menu

Starter

User Info Menu

No, I was referring to embarrassing themselves in the media, destroying their own mythical better handling of problem players, and not even getting the guy on the field. You perpetual Tomlin haters really think the Raiders and Pats stood on principles here? How naive are some people on this board?
    Let's see. 1 team allowed AB to be AB, 2 teams released him.
    Doesn't take much sense to see who took the higher ground.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Let's see. 1 team allowed AB to be AB, 2 teams released him.
    Doesn't take much sense to see who took the higher ground.
    I would say, given the well-known histories of both the Patriots and Raiders, it doesn’t take much to see (1) who is trying to make facts fit an unsupportable opinion or (2) is incredibly naive.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would say, given the well-known histories of both the Patriots and Raiders, it doesn’t take much to see (1) who is trying to make facts fit an unsupportable opinion or (2) is incredibly naive.
    Ok, why don't you show me how Tomlin handled it better.
    Use your facts to prove it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really?
    I've seen 2 teams not kiss his arse and release him. Owing nothing or next to nothing as a cap hit.
    What those teams lost in money or draft picks, they made up in moral integrity and respect.
    Yes, Tomlin got production out of Brown but lost the locker room and wasted several prime years to win in the post season doing so.
    'Moral integrity and respect '??? They signed a guy that was a known malcontent and locker room cancer.