Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hater wishes were granted: Vince Williams and Anthony Chickillo both out this week

Legend

User Info Menu

Hater wishes were granted: Vince Williams and Anthony Chickillo both out this week

Friday, Sep 20, 2019 03:15 PM

Week 3 Injury Report (49ers)

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

There was a welcome sight on the practice field for the Steelers on Friday with Joe Haden back in action after missing practice the previous two days.

Haden has missed practice time, but not playing time, the last two weeks with a shoulder injury. He said on Thursday he anticipated practicing Friday, and that was the case. Haden said the shoulder ‘definitely’ is feeling better this week as opposed to a week ago.

“It bothers me a little bit, it hurts,” said Haden. “But you just have to get past that, knowing it’s going to be there. I can still get full range of motion and everything. That is the main thing.”

While Haden was a full go and expected to play, the Steelers will be without linebackers Vince Williams (hamstring) and Anthony Chickillo (foot), who were both ruled out for the game. Roosevelt Nix (knee), who missed the Seahawks game, also has been ruled out for Sunday.

Running back James Conner (knee) was a full go in practice for the second consecutive day, after missing practice on Wednesday. In addition, Vance McDonald (back), who was limited in practice on Wednesday went full tilt for the second straight day. Bud Dupree was also a full participant on Friday after being limited the day before.

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 3

Game Status
    FB Roosevelt Nix (Knee)- Out
    LB Vince Williams (Hamstring) - Out
    LB Anthony Chickillo (Foot) - Out

Friday, September 20
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - Full
    FB Roosevelt Nix (Knee) - DNP
    LB Vince Williams (Hamstring) - DNP
    LB Anthony Chickillo (Foot) - DNP
    RB James Conner (Knee) - Full
    TE Vance McDonald (Back) - Full
    LB Bud Dupree (Ankle) - Full
    LB Mark Barron (Not Injury Related) - Full

Thursday, September 19
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - DNP
    RB James Conner (Knee) - Full
    TE Vance McDonald (Back) - Full
    LB Bud Dupree (Ankle) - Limited
    LB Mark Barron (Not injury related) - DNP

Wednesday, September 18
    CB Joe Haden (Shoulder) - DNP
    RB James Conner (Knee) - DNP
    TE Vance McDonald (Back) - Limited

https://www.steelers.com/news/week-3-injury-report-49ers
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

How can we get Dud Dupree added to that list?

Starter

User Info Menu

I thought Vince Williams was missed when he went out against Seattle. Barron and Bush together are not heavy or powerful as an ILB team and were pushed around a bit by the power running game of Seattle. That is the reason I think the fans are so foolish to wish Williams would not play. He is a stronger force against the power running attack and also can get to the QB better. I think he is an important part of this defense.

Chickillo on the other hand has not been as impressive this season, and I would like to see what the other OLB can do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don’t recall people being against Williams being on the field on running plays. Guy’s a thumper. Just didn’t want to see him in coverage.

Sure would be nice to have Tuzar Skipper right now.
    Last edited by Ghost; 09-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't have the time or energy to go back into posts, but there are certainly posters on this site who are frequent posters, who said they would have Vince Williams relegated entirely to the bench, when Barron as signed and Bush was drafted. I look at other Steeler sites also and it was a common theme among fans to even say for Tomlin to do the right thing and cut him.

I always thought that thinking was nuts.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would be great if Ola would step up in Chick's absence, and show himself to be a player who can help this D

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Would be great if Ola would step up in Chick's absence, and show himself to be a player who can help this D
    Ola.... potential and that's it. Not holding my breath.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chick is always injured, brings zero value to the team IMO...
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Chick is always injured, brings zero value to the team IMO...
    Agreed, he is so slow on the field im not sure how he keeps his roster spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Agreed, he is so slow on the field im not sure how he keeps his roster spot.
    Special teams according to some