Thread: 5 of the 7 games are at home

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

5 of the 7 games are at home

If we can go 4-1 at home and split these road games we may be in business.

Ravens at home and Rams at home are hard games but I think we can get the Ravens. Not sure about Rams but I think they are a bit overrated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

Ravens at home and Rams at home are hard games but I think we can get the Ravens. Not sure about Rams but I think they are a bit overrated.
    Honestly, i expected a rough start with this schedule, even with Ben. You open AT NE and you're likely to start below .500. Add to that Ravens, seahawks, Chargers as 4 of your first 6 and 3-3 would have been respectable.... After that, I'm seeing an opportunity to "uptick" as the Ravens and Rams are the only "scary" teams (depending on how you grade the Browns).

I see somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 for this team, with a realistic fight to be a wildcard team down the stretch with an upset or two...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Honestly, i expected a rough start with this schedule, even with Ben. You open AT NE and you're likely to start below .500. Add to that Ravens, seahawks, Chargers as 4 of your first 6 and 3-3 would have been respectable.... After that, I'm seeing an opportunity to "uptick" as the Ravens and Rams are the only "scary" teams (depending on how you grade the Browns).

I see somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 for this team, with a realistic fight to be a wildcard team down the stretch with an upset or two...
    Yup. I think we can get the Chargers on the road and the Ravens at home.

I think with Mason we don’t need him to win games.. just don’t lose them.

Protect the ball, don’t throw to Moncrief and Switzer and we should be fine..lol.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post

I think it's good that we get some home games for the beginning of Mason's time starting.

But, I think it's not reasonable to expect us to go 5 - 2 in that stretch.

I don't think it's impossible to do that, but I think anyone expecting it is setting themselves up for pretty strong disappointment.

On the whole, I hope we can win 6 or 7 games of the 14 we hope Mason can start.

So if I was setting and over / under, I'd put it at 6.5 for the season.

Hoping for the over, but preparing for the under.
    Talent vs coaching: [[url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14][/url]

Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: [... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5]

Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): [... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22]

Tomlin's Las year: [... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's good that we get some home games for the beginning of Mason's time starting.

But, I think it's not reasonable to expect us to go 5 - 2 in that stretch.

I don't think it's impossible to do that, but I think anyone expecting it is setting themselves up for pretty strong disappointment.
    Agreed... i'm putting him more around .500 on the season, but, yes, EXPECTING 5-2 is a set up for failure

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Agreed... i'm putting him more around .500 on the season, but, yes, EXPECTING 5-2 is a set up for failure
    Why expect 5-2 when you can expect 7-0?

I remember when Tommy Maddox went down and Ben came in and ran the table. Why not?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Y’all trippin’

I’m playing with house money.

I’m prepared for the worst but I’m cheering and hoping for the best.

Just how I roll.

I’ll already be there when you guys finally show up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Why expect 5-2 when you can expect 7-0?

I remember when Tommy Maddox went down and Ben came in and ran the table. Why not?
    I hear ya... but, i didn't expect anything from Tommy's team anyway... that's sorta why they drafted Ben, cuz they needed a QB.