Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We can still finish 8-8

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

IMO, an 8-8 season is about as bad as it gets. It's mediocre. It's not winning, it's not losing. It's going nowhere. 9-7 feels MUCH better to me, even if we don't make the playoffs. If we're 8-8, we might as well be 2-14 and get a better draft position.

Hate for the 8-and-8

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I never would have thought 10-6 would get a wildcard, but after looking at the divisions, it's possible.
    Bills, Jets Dolphins...no
    Raiders, Broncos..no
    Colts, Titans, Jags..no
    So realistically, 2 wildcards go to Brown's, Charger's or us.
    I think the BIlls go 10-6 or 11-5 against an easy schedule and the WC will be Baltimore and them. We will win the North again.

Legend

User Info Menu

After two weeks, every seems to be anointing the Ravens as a powerhouse team and completely writing the Steelers off.

We are halfway through September, and Baltimore has apparently wrapped up the AFC North title. Not so fast, my friend...

So far the Ravens has beaten Miami, who is trading off any players of value on their roster on a weekly basis in the most obvious tank job the NFL has seen in some time, and Arizona, who finished dead last in the NFL a season ago and still very green since they are very early into their rebuilding process with the rookie QB, rookie coach, etc.

Meanwhile, we faced off against two teams with All Pro level quarterbacks and very strong defenses in New England and Seattle.

We play Miami and Arizona this year, but not until week 8 and week 14, as opposed to weeks 1-2. When the time comes, I expect us to go 2-0 against those 2 teams.

Baltimore plays New England and Seattle this year, but not until week 7 and week 9, as opposed to weeks 1-2. When the time comes, I expect then to go 0-2 against those 2 teams.

We can't put too much stock in a game or two...it's a long season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We can't put too much stock in a game or two...it's a long season.
    This.

I'm expecting things to look a lot different as the season progresses. Hopefully the Rats are all full of themselves and run into some buzz saws as the competition gets stiffer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    This.

I'm expecting things to look a lot different as the season progresses. Hopefully the Rats are all full of themselves and run into some buzz saws as the competition gets stiffer.
    They face Kansas City this weekend. HUUUUUUUUUGE difference between the Fins/Cards and the Chefs/Chiefs.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I think that the Bills are a pretty good team this year.
    Me too, the Colts are still pretty good, Browns are good, Chargers are good Jets probably have Darnold back, Bengals only lost to the Seahawks by 1pt, and Arizona gave Baltimore so trouble. I dont see an easy road for us, i think we are lacking on offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not interested in any of you guys' predictions.

what does Steelhere think?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They face Kansas City this weekend. HUUUUUUUUUGE difference between the Fins/Cards and the Chefs/Chiefs.
    I'm hoping the Chiefs give them the beatdown they deserve.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course I had to post this......

But now that jimmy m has been properly credited, I think 8-9 wins is still possible myself.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!