Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: We can still finish 8-8

  1. #1
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    We can still finish 8-8

    Bengals suck X2
    Colts without Luck
    Cardinals
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets
    Add in teams like the injured/holdout Charger's and not as good as advertised Brown's.
    Maybe get lucky and steal a game.

    Still, more than enough talent to win 10 games this year.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Man do I hope we win this weekend, but I'm thinking we might lose this one to go 0-3 and make it even more dramatic when we make the playoffs.

    After an 0-3 start, I think we split with the Ravens and Browns and lose 1 of the road games with the Chargers or Cardinals. That gets us to 10-6.

    The Rams are a tough matchup, but we get them at home and I think that's our 1 big surprise game that we win and turn a corner toward getting folks to take us seriously.

  3. #3
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I never would have thought 10-6 would get a wildcard, but after looking at the divisions, it's possible.
    Bills, Jets Dolphins...no
    Raiders, Broncos..no
    Colts, Titans, Jags..no
    So realistically, 2 wildcards go to Brown's, Charger's or us.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I'm not discounting that we can get to 9-7 or even 10-6. It would require the defense to step it up but I don't think this is a lost season. I'm not ready to surrender like many appear to want to do

    If that happened do you think some of the haters would give Tomlin any credit for a great coaching job? Yea I know...crazy that he would get credit for anything
    Last edited by Oviedo; 09-19-2019 at 12:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Bengals suck X2
    Colts without Luck
    Cardinals
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets
    Add in teams like the injured/holdout Charger's and not as good as advertised Brown's.
    Maybe get lucky and steal a game.

    Still, more than enough talent to win 10 games this year.
    I think we can.

    I'm not sure we will.

    I guess my default is no, or at least I wouldn't bet on it until Rudolph proves that he can play. I'm hopeful, but I wouldn't count on it.

    I think there's almost no way we win 10 games with a QB with basically no experience and a defense that hasn't looked good so far.

    But time will tell.
    Talent vs coaching: [url]www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/48851-Poll-Question-for-Everyone/page14[/url]

    Steelers vs. Other Teams with good QBs: ... /47985-Steelers-most-successful-failure/page5

    Tomlin playoff record vs. expectations (Cowher pg24): ... /48742-Rooney-Brown-meeting/page22

    Tomlin's Las year: ... 49599-Just-sayin?p=778284#post778284

    Maniac Talent>Coaching: ...49632-Trades?p=779158#post779158

  6. #6
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm not discounting that we can get to 9-7 or even 10-6. It would require the defense to step it up but I don't think this is a lost season. I'm not ready to surrender like many appear to want to do

    If that happened do you think some of the haters would give Tomlin any credit for a great coaching job? Yea I know...crazy that he would get credit for anything
    Not sure why he should get credit.
    He has failed miserably in the post season the last 8 years. Now that he has another 'excuse', you want him to get credit for going .500 or a game above?

    This team has way more talent than 8-8 or 9-7.
    Lots of fans said Ben was the problem, was done, did stuff on his own. They wanted him gone.
    Rudolph, according to most on here, have total confidence in him. They say, and Colbert and Tomlin say, he was a first round talent. The best QB in that draft
    Now with more than a year prep, this offense really shouldn't skip a beat.
    A mediocre qb with the rest of this team can easily finish above 500 vs our easy schedule.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I think we were a 6-10 team with Roethlisberger. Now I think we win 3 or 4 games, and each of those are dicey.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    I think we were a 6-10 team with Roethlisberger. Now I think we win 3 or 4 games, and each of those are dicey.
    Just for fun, I'll take the over on 4 wins.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

    1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Man do I hope we win this weekend, but I'm thinking we might lose this one to go 0-3 and make it even more dramatic when we make the playoffs..
    Now there's the optimism I like! And actually, I'm on board. I have this feeling that Rudolph is going to spark some fire into this offense. And I feel like the defense can improve, even with Butler designing the dadgum thing.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Bengals suck X2
    Colts without Luck
    Cardinals
    Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets
    Add in teams like the injured/holdout Charger's and not as good as advertised Brown's.
    Maybe get lucky and steal a game.

    Still, more than enough talent to win 10 games this year.
    I think that the Bills are a pretty good team this year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •