Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hidden gem

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Where did we draft Ulysses Gilbert III? Wasnt that in the 5th? Maybe we will have Bush and Gilbert as our ILBs. VW as a backup and maybe they resign Barron. I could see us needing a TE to eventually replace McDonald. We just got Gentryas TE #2. We will have four capable WRs in Juju, Washington, Holden and Diontae Johnson. IIRC, Pouncey has said he would retire when Ben does. I think we will need to draft CB to replace Haden who is close to the end.
    Gilbert was one of our 6th round picks... drafted after Sutton Smith I believe.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I checked, and it seems I'm correct ... the 4th rounder we get from Miami is the one they would have gotten from Tennessee. So we probably WON'T be drafting early in the 4th round.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/re...ltiple-trades/
    Last edited by Buzz; 09-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    We will be hurting to fill our needs with only a couple picks that draft. With only a second and a couple 4ths, finding a starter will be very difficult. I can't see us trading away the first pick in the 4th for a later 4th and a 5th or 6th.
    Dupree and ilb will need starters. Te, wr as #2's. At a minimum.
    Shouldn't we get a 3rd for Bell, Miami's 4th for our 5th...And a 5th for Dobbs?

So it should be a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4th's,and a 5th?

Legend

User Info Menu

I posted this in another thread (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...e-phins/page11)

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    To sum up our 2020 draft as I see it right now (let me know if I'm missing anything here):

It appears that we still will have 7 picks overall right now (assuming that we do get the 3rd round comp pick for Bell).

Subtractions:
    Our 2020 first round pick now belongs to Miami as a part of the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade.
    Our 2020 third round pick now belongs to Denver as a part of the Devin Bush trade.

Additions:
    We should get a compensatory pick at the end of the 3rd round as a result of Le'Veon Bell signing with the Jets.
    We received Jacksonville's 2020 fifth round pick in the Josh Dobbs trade.

Flip-flops:
    We get Miami's very early fourth round pick in 2020 in exchange for our fifth round pick in 2020.

Should look like this:
    #2 (PIT)
    #3 (COMP)
    #4 (MIA)
    #4 (PIT)
    #5 (JAX)
    #6 (PIT)
    #7 (PIT)

Do I have that right?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    One thing to keep in mind. That 4th round pick we got back rom the Dolphins will likely be the first pick of Day 3. This will be a valuable asset that many teams will covet.
    But I heard the sky was falling??? We know we won't need a starter caliber Safety. Really if you look at it, aside from ILB, the positions we will likely have the most need for are very achievable as far as good talent in the mid-rounds: TE, OL, RB, DL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Shouldn't we get a 3rd for Bell, Miami's 4th for our 5th...And a 5th for Dobbs?

So it should be a 2nd, 3rd, 2 4th's,and a 5th?
    Everybody keeps talking about the third for Bell like it is a done deal. It isn't. I've seen scenarios in which we receive a fifth or seventh rounder in the process because we are not assured of receiving a pick against Bell.

The players who left were Bell (4yr, $52.5M), James (4yr, $22.6M), and Fort (3yr, $5.5M)
    The players signed were Moncrief (2yr, $9M) and Nelson (3yr, $25.5M)

Based on signings it seems easy to say that you pair Nelson off with James and Moncrief with Fort, but, if production wise Moncrief puts up a huge year and Nelson is a stud, then you might be pairing them off with Bell and James or Bell and Fort. Leaving the Steelers with a lower pick.

Of course, that was all pre-season talk. As of now it looks like the Steelers should be getting two picks thanks to Moncrief.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I checked, and it seems I'm correct ... the 4th rounder we get from Miami is the one they would have gotten from Tennessee. So we probably WON'T be drafting early in the 4th round.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/re...ltiple-trades/
    Since there likely will be a large difference between the selections I went to a few web locations and they indicated it was undisclosed which pick we received in the trade. That pick imho is a huge factor in what the cost for this safety was.

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest negative in this trade that I see is it's going to make our offseason less interesting. None of us will get to mock 1st round draft picks. And we surely won't be able to create threads about how we can package a bunch of picks to move up and grab a certain stud player we want.

Considering our options for a 1st round pick is one of the most fun things to think about during the offseason....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The biggest negative in this trade that I see is it's going to make our offseason less interesting. None of us will get to mock 1st round draft picks. And we surely won't be able to create threads about how we can package a bunch of picks to move up and grab a certain stud player we want.

Considering our options for a 1st round pick is one of the most fun things to think about during the offseason....
    I was strongly considering going to Vegas to attend the draft this year but without a #1 pick it won't be nearly as much fun...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I was strongly considering going to Vegas to attend the draft this year but without a #1 pick it won't be nearly as much fun...
    We must share a brain. We were thinking about going to Vegas too for the draft and one of my first thoughts was this trade kinda ruined that party.

We were planning to go to Nashville last year, but had to change plans last minute. I felt a little bummed when I saw how much fun people were having and insisted we can't miss that again. Oh well, maybe we'll go for the 2021 draft